Sinister: One Day, Paranoia, One Day....

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Sun May 28 18:36:37 BST 2000

Dear Sinister kids, my Sexual Intellectuals,

How is everyone on the list who has gained roots and flourished well since I
last posted, in the yeah 65BC or something? I'd like to say a big um, "word up"
to Cheles post thanking the fragrant Miss Honey for running this super list
which makes it possible for people to like, ....gulp..."do it", and stuff...and
congrats to Amanda and Steve, who now they have tied the knot, now can enjoy
the full promise of nuptial rites. Super!

Almost makes me want to get married meself. But white is SO not my colour.

Legal Man got to number nine in the Pop Charts! What a to do. Whatever its
knockers (knockers, heehee) may say about it, its vocals aren't exactly the
grandest things in the world. The "Maisonettes" (ahahaha how funny, the
Maisonettes, don't you see thats a clever name for a bunch for girl singers one
of which who has an arse the size of... I needn't finish this joke need I) are
ever so slightly weak, and as for Stevie, well bless. I like his voice. He's a
honey. The thing is that for a song which starts out with the promise of being
The Best Dancing Song in the world ever*, should have some kinda soul sireeen
on it, or some honey tonsiled silky smooth suave lothario, crooning and wailing
and hitting such high notes that all the boys have to cross their legs?

As much as I love Stuart... well I'll let him off. Anyway I was going to say
I'm glad the vocals are a little "messy" shall we say, as I get to sing along
and sound good, instead of like a twat. Which I am not. I am good and super.
Honest.

But it's all about Pop isn't it? After seeing off my friend for quite probably
GOOD at the train station the other day, I bimbled across Waterloo bridge. I
had been humming Legal Spam all day, and suddenly I realised why - when the sun
started to shine brightly, and I played the game known in my circles, as "Dodge
The Capitalist Be-Suited Bastards, 67 Points Extra If One Of Them Turns Out To
Be Adrian Evans"...and... what can I say my friends. Get out of the city, and
into the sunshine!

It was a Pop Moment, and it worked. Didn't someone say it was all about
moments? They have said it was all about Momus, actually. I wouldn't know if
they were right or not about that. All I know about Momus is that he has an
eyepatch thing, and I saw him at Other Music in NYC, did I? Or was that someone
else. Ooh, speaking of NYC, I hope Megan and Julie from NYC are back there safe
and sound after their globe-trotting boy-snogging adventures recently. Cos I'm
nice like that.

I saw Susan Tully at the Whistler gig yesterday. You think I lie? Nevah.

Love, Sarah

* Apart from any of the songs on the best game in the world ever, Dance Dance
Revolution. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM MIGHTY FINE DOLLAR!

=====
"But just remember, when your teacher told you to always find a home for stray animals, she wasn't referring to your rectum." -- DNA Mag-AZINE.