Sinister: Ba ba ba ba baaa. Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba baaa. *

David Howie howied41 at xxx.com
Sun May 28 19:46:42 BST 2000

* Lyrics to Legal Man.

Hello,

God, I've posted to this list about a sum total of 2 times.  First time
round, no-one noticed apart from ("all I care about is…") Velocity Girl
("two-and-a-half minutes of jangly guitar").  Thanks Vel, I'd join the
spinisterines were it not for the fact that I have, err, too many moving
parts.  Oh and, I'm not single - siggghhhh.

I suppose I should stick to the archetypal boring format.  I might as well
say hello to that ever so sinister Alan Burns, the wonderful Jennifer
Hodgson, and the sublime Kathryn Dutton.  Na, I guess I won't since that is
list abuse.

Sinister (which everyone knows is etymologically linked to the Meek for
"peddles smut and bludgeons society with the twee manifesto") is where I'd
like to live.  I still don't know the link for the Sinister Village.  Can
someone send me it, please?

Mandatory smut content: my unlucky girlfriend is coming up on the 15th of
June to the sunny climes of Ayrshire.  Great F!U!N.  "Smut content?!"
Kathryn queries.  Err, well B&S content then - since we'll probably spend
the sojourn soundtracked by FISHYCLAP.

No. 15 in the charts for Legal Man.  Hmm, someone said "change is good;
progression is good".  Change that to "change for the better is good;
retrogression is bad".  Retro Retro Retro.  Hmmm, I still love the track -
though it does feel like Stevie's bastard child.  It's a more Stevie
oriented single (or at least it feels that way.)  With Struan lurking ('cos
that's what he does, lurks) in the shadows.  I reckon Struan should start a
solo side-project 'cos, as, that lovely Mr Dastoor once said, "it's his
songs we fell in love with."  To be honest, the other band members' songs
always seem rather flaccid when placed next to Struan's "wondertrax" (© Nick
Dastoor).

That's another point.  Mr Dastoor, would you be so kind as to put up a list
of all the authors of B&S' songs onto Sinister?  I mean the obtuse
personages never attribute the song to anyone or the other.  It'd be nice to
know who pens the songs - I don't even know why I'm asking you.  You just
seem knowledgeable, I guess.  Anyone who has the knowledge I desire, please
share it.

Right, I'll retreat back into the shadows.

L.o.v.e.

David.

"In my head, I'm kissing her all ways,
In my heart, I'm missing her always." (Frail Gail, Madge Bishop's
Shellsuit.)