Sinister: Phil Collins

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Sun May 28 20:42:16 BST 2000

Hello...

>That's another point.  Mr Dastoor, would you be so kind as to put up
>a list of all the authors of B&S' songs onto Sinister?  I mean the
>obtuse personages never attribute the song to anyone or the other.
>It'd be nice to know who pens the songs - I don't even know why I'm
>asking you.  You just seem knowledgeable, I guess.

What?  I don't know nuffink me.  But seriously...

Well in the past, it's been kind of easy.  Whoever sang the song wrote it, so
you could take things at face value.  Now it's all much more complicated of
course coz they're a BAND like and have jamming sessions and work things out
over two years of studio experimentation.  I think 'Legal Man' is mostly
Stevie's work, but Mick did pop up in Papercuts (www.papercuts.co.uk) to say "I
wrote the middle eight, mum".  I'm sure they all mucked in for a bit of communal
dickslap, by the sounds of things.  And of course, 'Winter Wooksie' is Stuart
David's.

As for the new album, word on the street is that poor old Stevie isn't to be
held principally responsible for 'Beyond the Pale'.  No, it's all ISOBEL's
fault, Miss.  But before everyone forms a lynch mob, we should see things from
both sides now:   'Family Twee', you see, had its 'controversial' lyrics penned
by Stuart himself.  That's all I know.

> Just high enough for B&S to be acknowledged by the
> record buying public, but low enough to stop teeny boppers
> getting "into" them.

Chris, is this a joke?  What terrible things are going to befall us all if
'teeny poppers' get "into" them?  I'm hoping for the weeny-bopper fanbase to
expand, myself.  I'm bored stiff off all these twentysomethings who work with
computers.

.... I must be going.  I'm off over the road to see if I can barge my way into
the London Sinister clique and catch some serious hits - live!.  They've spruced
up the Betsey just lately.  I hope there's no jacket required.

   Nick xx