Sinister: b+s content ahead on left...watch your step

Robert Hoots rhoots1 at xxx.net
Mon May 29 03:42:44 BST 2000

hello...oh there you are,

this is my second official post.  i am feeling very unsure of
myself at this moment.
right.  the reason i am writing.  oh yes.

living in the states now, and being an artist myself i have begun to
receive andy warhol's interview magazine.
well anyway...in the new issue, if anyone cares, is a right up of fyhcywlap.

i shall now transcribe the "sound advice" for all of you lucky readers:

"Belle and Sebastian create chamber-pop that's as subtle as a whisper
and smart as a whip-and sometimes just as painful.  On their fourth
album, the Scottish indie-rockers rummage through the obsolete sonic
detritus of past musical eras, with each song layered with
harpsichords, kitsch-pop strings, and spaghetti-western horns plucked
right out of an Ennio Morricone soundtrack.  Still, it's Belle and
Sebastian's lyrical narratives that remain timeless.  In the hands of
vocalists Stuart Murdoch and Isobel Campbell, melancholy becomes more
than a feeling-it's more like sublimity."

i'll leave you all to draw your own conclusions, and i apologize if
many of you are already acquainted with the above.

goodbye for now.

robert

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide