Sinister: Revenge of the Monkeys

JENOWL22 at xxx.com JENOWL22 at xxx.com
Mon May 29 17:21:27 BST 2000

Hewwo all,

Well, I went to glasgow today to buy flares and look up train times and eat
sausage rolls, and this is usually a momentous occasion. Any glasgow listees
know of any good glasgow record shops though? I tried finding avalanche but
I, um, couldn't.

Oooh the top of the pops countdown is on and Belle and Sebastian just flashed
up for two secods of Bel going ba ba ba (yeh I can lipread).

Now SClub7 are on and I just love them, I'm pure addicted to their telly
show, it's grate. So cheesy that you have to love it, or be a big fat smelly
moke with no soul. They do clever wee dances and hug each other a lot.
They're just like mad wee barbie and ken dolls that have jolly super fun in
miama or LA or wherever, and loungue about the pool all day and have
adventures and end every episode with them dancing about and everybody
dancing as well and being happy and cool, even, like, the really old grumpy
people who've been mean.

Colin  said:
"Twee is fine if
you genuinely are a child and hop-scotch and riding your raleigh chopper up
and down the street is what you do for kicks" and said a lot of other grumpy
things about twee people.

Right, fine, well that's me sorted anyway, because believe it or not there
are some people here who aren't grumpy and moke-ish and disillusioned with
life,and stuff. I'm still a wee girl, (even though I'm apparantly a year and
a half off being old enough to f*ck) and will consider myself so until I'm at
least 20,  for goodness sakes and I still want to hang on to my childhood for
as long as I can, because unlike most of the kids of my age, I actually want
to take growing up in my stride, instead of trying to be 30 when I'm not, and
having sex when I'm 9, and I know I get beat up but it's better having a
shitty childhood than none at all. And there's nothing wrong with being older
and wanting to be twee either, because at least you're nice and gentle and
happy, and there's not enough people in the world like that.

Also, I think that a lot of people were twee before they'd even heard of B&S.
They sort of attract that sort of person, that how the image of twee B&S fans
grew up. I remember reading Q when I was 13 and had only just got into B&S,
and they had a description of B&S fans and what they were like, and how they
dressed etc, and I thought "Hey that's weird, because that's just like me",
and a few people have told me that they were more or less the same, ie being
'twee' before being a B&S fan.

Oh god, I've gone on far too long and please please don't hate me, I just get
all bothered when someone says that they think we should all grow up, because
I just do. I won't get mad again, I promise.

Hugs,
Jen