Sinister: Newbie to the list, Hi!

Neil Milton neil_milton at xxx.com
Mon May 29 19:17:49 BST 2000

Hi,
Subject says it all really.
Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the
list.  In this mail I'll tell you a bit about me then
I'll ask a few questions about the list.
I don't want to upset anyone on the list, I'd rather
make friends with fellow B&S fans, so If anyone
answers my questions then reply to my address rather
than across the list so as not to annoy anyone.
OK firstly, a wee bit about me.
I'm a 21 year old scot who lives in Airdrie.  I have
just spent the last six - eight months working in
Superdrug in Airdrie (Uuurrggghhh!) prior to which I
studied for two years at Central College of Commerce
in Glasgow and graduated with an HND in Computing.
In August I'm hopefully going to go back to college,
this time to stow to study 'HND music and audio
engineering' for another two years.
My first love in life (aside from my girlfriend, Emma)
is music.  I play guitar in a band called Troika (a
band that sound suspiciously like Idlewild) and buy
records and CDs by the truck load. :o)
My top 10 favourite bands are
1. R.E.M.  (partly 'cause they were the first band I
really got into and are also my all-time favourite
band, however at the moment my fav. bands are...)
2. Idlewild
3. Belle and Sebastian (and looper, The gentle Waves)
4. Mogwai
5. Peeps into fairyland
6. The Delgados
7. Bis
8. Laeto
9. El Hombre Trajaedo
10. Travis.

I also have my own music web fanzine, Too many
fireworks @
http://www.geocities.com/fireworks317
however I haven't been able to work on it for a while
but I'm hoping to put a new issue on-line in the next
month.  You can check it out if you want but issue two
was quite crap, even though it had interviews from
Jeremy from peeps and  fraser from laeto (an old
school friend by the way).

Another love of mine is reading.  At the moment I'm in
the middle of reading Stuart David's novel before I go
on to reading (according to the sales girl @
waterstones in Glasgow) the greatest book I'll ever
read... Lanark by Alisdair Gray.

I also enjoy writing emails and letters so I'm looking
forward to making as many friends as possible on the
list.
Just hope you will all be nice to me... :o)

Anyway, a few questions that I've been wondering
about...
1.)Firstly, I read that there is a fan convention type
thing in London soon.
Are there any events like this in Scotland if so when,
where, etc.
2.)This FISHYCLAPS thing is confusing me (probably
cause I missed the email when it was first used).  I
assume it is a slang acronym for the new album but
what does it actually mean?
3.)Are there any absolute "no-no's" that I should know
about, i.e. things that are barred from being talked
about etc.?

Well thats about it, except to say to amy jackson...
Hi, sorry I haven't written for a while but I will
soon.

Well thanks for putting up with my inane ramblings and
I hope to hear from you all soon,
cheers
 Neil

=====
   "he has no idea where he's at or where he's been."
        Queen of the Troubled Teens - iDLEWiLD
Neil Milton                neil_milton at yahoo.com
too many fireworks - http://www.geocities.com/fireworks317
Troika -             http://www.geocities.com/troika317