Sinister: Cal's Crazy Caption Compo

Calumn Shearer calumn at xxx.com
Tue May 30 20:14:34 BST 2000

Hello!
Come in, Tea? Coffee? I've got some biscuits, if you like...beer? at this
time? OK, why not.

I don't post that often, I'm sure you can forgive me.
I have been accused by someone who shall remain nameless(1) of only sending
mail to sinister when I'm giving stuff away, and he's right - so here
goes....

Cal's Crazy Caption Competition!

I went to the Glasgow and London Picnics.
	I took photo's 		(oh, oh! )

But, having scanned them in and put them up on the web, I think it'd be fun
to write "amusing" captions for said photos. But I'm crap and "unfunny".

	This is where you lot come in.

Check out the photos on http://www.btinternet.com/~calumn and send me your
wit and wisdom. Simple, huh?

I'll stick your caption up above the picture, and credit the author(2).

After a suitable amount of time (end of June should do it.), I'll declare a
WINNER!, send them a grand (3) prize (2) and take them out for a drink when
I see them(5)

You don't need to have gone to the Picnics, you don't need to know the
people in the photos (god knows, I don't know who some of them are!) - just
be witty!

Thanks,

		Calumn
PS - Can I have a dose of whatever literary bug has infected pinefox?
	15. Charts. Grate! Hope B&S mime terribly on TOTP - that'll draw the
teeny-bop crowd ;-)
		oh, please remember to tell me which picture(s) your caption(s) is(are)
for. cos' I might not get the joke.

1)  gay, Glasgow, football, sings-like-a-girl and nail varnish should help
2)  if you would rather remain "anonymous" to escape the wrath of your
friends/flatmates, that can be arranged - just let me know
3)  Grand (adj) of highest rank; magnificent; very good; very fine... not,
like, a thousand pounds/dollars/whatever. sorry.
4)  I'm not sure what the prize will be, but I've got an E N O R M O U S
promo poster for the new album and a can of Chris "Beenz" Geddes, which is a
start. I'll have blagged 	some more B&S related shenanigans by the time the
competition's over.
5)  This may be some time, depending where you live and all that, but I'll
do it. see if I don't