Sinister: i forget how comma's work sometimes

kg kgtvb at xxx.com
Wed May 31 05:11:12 BST 2000

hello everyone...

i'm kim, brand spankin new.

i live in the state of connecticut.. but for only 6
more days.  on june 7th i am moving 3,000 miles away
to portland, oregon... all by myself.  well, my sister
is driving out there with me in the big moving
truck... but then she is flying back to CT.  i don't
have a job yet... as a matter of fact i've been
unemployed since february.  i quit my job and took a 4
week trip overseas (i visited england, france, ireland
and scotland--hooray!).  and when i got back it took
me a little bit of time to get everything in order...
and now finally i'm getting my butt in gear and
getting the heck away from the east coast.  in the
meantime i'm on damage control duty-- we got a new
kitten last week and our adult kitty isn't pleased..
so i've been spending quite a bit of time petting and
reassuring her that we still love her... that is when
she isn't hissing at the kitten like a vicious snake!
poor kitties!

i've enjoyed reading all the posts so far these past 2
weeks that i've been in the nusery.  legal man is
causing quite a stir!  all i have to say is, it's
always a weird time when one's most cherished artist
or band comes out with a new record.  It usually takes
some time for me to warm up to a new record... i get
all worked up and most times feel let down when i have
my first listen... but then i usually come around.
it's always hard to welcome the new sounds in.
although i must say that legal man is the exception to
that rule-- i loved it on impact.  i couldn't stop
listening to it at first.  it makes me want to have
boy/girl parties where we eat icecream and play coy
kissing games!  it's so dreamy.

but anyway, back to my point... i went to see elliott
smith in nyc a few weeks ago.  this was the 5th time
(or 4th--i dunno) i've seen him live... he didn't play
any accoustic songs.. everything he played was w/ the
band and i don't think he played anything from his
first 2 or 3 records.  now, i don't want to sound like
the bitter girl on the sidelines who frowns at shows
cos i only like his "older stuff" but i have to say i
was a little disappointed... but then i thought to
myself... hey.. his new record is good..the gig is
nice.. don't pout just cos he's not singing the songs
he sang 3 years ago.  i realized that i love his older
stuff in a different way than i like his new stuff.
and i just sorta have to think of him as 2 different
elliott's.  the one who makes my heart all melty and
the one who does good more poppy songs with a full
band behind him.  it's sorta like liking 2 bands that
sound completely different.

hmm i don't know if that makes any sense now that i've
typed it all out.. but it sure did when i was standing
at the club... i dunno, it helped me to not be such a
sour-puss.

i think i've gone on enough for my very first post!

if anyone lives in or around portland please send me
an email to let me know you are out there!  have there
been any picnics in that area?

your new pal, (the queen of the run-on sentence)
*kg