Sinister: I could dance all nite like i'm a soul boy

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue May 30 12:44:20 BST 2000

swells?  swells?  SMELLS (of wee), more like.

Alex P (for !P!O!P!) Tobin said:
> anybody know what drugs the man (swells) is on and where i can get some?

He's *obviously* on "bigfatbaldoldman" drugs and i really don't think you
want any of *them* do you?

These drugs are so powerful that they can make you think MUSE are a good
band ferchristsakes, don't see THEM storming the barricades with the may day
rioters now do you?????  I haven't seen THEIR 10 point plan for changing
society!!  Didn't REALISE third-rate radiohead would bring down capitalism
as we know it.  Ah, but they have LOUD guitars, which is equivilant to
politics when you are on bigfatbaldoldman drugs.

AND, AND, how come Leftfield can get away with, and indeed be praised for,
hiding away from the music press and doing things their own way...

Sorry, I'll stop now.....

Anyway, nice weekend everyone?  good.  I think 15 is a nicely respectable
placing, especially in the current bedlam that is the UK top 40, any bets on
next weeks position?  I'll go for 34 (bearing in mind, non-UK listees, that
singles no longer go up in our chart, they simply enter and then fall).

Should we organise like a little page to put reviews of the new album on,
rather than sending them all to the list?  I realise there are like
copywrite issues and stuff, but it'll put them all in a big pile and we can
compare them.  I'm sure i could knock something up if people want to send me
their local press reviews, the more obscure the better i guess, especially
if there are off the wall opinions or comparisons.

I'm getting a bit worried about Nick Dastoor, if his next post quotes Huey
Lewis and the News or Whitney Houston we'd better start checking his flat
for nailguns, habitrail and severed heads...

xoxo

CarsmileSteve