Sinister: Could I write a post for you when you're dead?

Joe Vester machiavellian_llama at xxx.com
Thu May 25 22:16:22 BST 2000

arrrggghhhhhhhhh......(long drawn out scream which slowly gets quieter and
quieter until it dissappears completely and there is a muffled thump despite
the suppossition that your screaming  is louder than the sound of you
hitting the bottom of ravine/chasm or in my case a huge inbox, 97 unread
messages of which are sinister and only 4 of which are from other people and
one of which is from jeepster).
    How do people find the time to read all their sinister mail? How do
people then find the time to write anything? And go out? And do the
shopping? And eat? And...
    Envy emanates from this post towards all the people who know someone who
likes belle and sebastian. I only know one who is prepared to listen to them
but frankly, he prefers deftones who do have a very good name but are not my
cup of tea. He kind of wanted to go to the london gig but he can't because
it's friday and he's jewish so it looks like i'm going on my own. Damn! i
hate going to gigs on my own, it's somewhat similar to riding on city buses
for a hobby.
    On a totally different point which is complete list abuse (I think) but
needs saying, I saw a kid today on the southbank. She was about 6 and had
been given rollerskates for her birthday or something and was testing them
out for the first time with her Mum and Dad. Every time she fell over, she
just got up again and laughed. At first her parents were a bit worried but
when she just kept getting up and laughing, they started laughing too. Soon,
all three were in hysterics and it had started getting very windy so this
kid kept on getting blown along by the wind. She just stood there and
started moving until a gust came along and she would fall over. It just
cheered me up so much and I hoped the mental image might do the same for
you. But it probably won't and Honey will mail me to say that I shouldn't
abuse the list and so will everyone else it will generally be very
upsetting.
    Think I had something else to say but have forgotten it so never mind,

Joe