Sinister: Great Spangled Froddtillary

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Nov 2 11:11:11 GMT 2000

Sorry to hear about Nick Drake being dead. Let's hope he gets well soon. A
couple of cider armadilloes and he'll be right as rain.

Some time ago someone recommended the "Golden Age of American Rock'n'Roll"
series. I bought volume 8 the other day and I think it's a bit girlish. I'm
going to take it back and change it for "Big Soul Bastards" or something.
Although it does have a track by The Pastels on it, which is considerably
better than their 80s output. I suppose it might grow on me, but I'm not
going to give it a chance.

We went over 24 hours without a post, surely a record? I blame weblogs.

Me and Jordi went to see "Dancer in the Dark" at the weekend, admittedly on
different days, at different times, and probably at different cinemas, but
that's not the point. I bet Jordi cried more than me. People cried so much I
had to cling to a giant popcorn that floated by, otherwise I would have
drownded in the sea of love.

Is it Gentle Waves release day? That should keep the list busy for an hour
or two. Or at least it would have done in the past. Wait a minute, it's
Thursday, not Monday.

Have a great time in New York, Steve. Don't forget to go and see that
picture of The Foxgloves in action. Obviously you'll have to clamber over
the swooning lumberjacks to get to it. If you hear someone shout "TIMBER!!!"
get out of the way sharpish, or one might fall on you and you'll have to
spend the rest of your holiday underneath a lumberjack.

I see Stan from The Housemartins has started working with Basil Brush. And
somehow that really impressed me.

Sister Disco - owner of a lonely weblog