Sinister: Christmas

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Thu Nov 2 16:20:56 GMT 2000

Wahey!  Not only can you pre-order at the Xfm site, you can listen to a
whole 30 seconds of the ADVENT HYMN NOT CAROL, ASK NICK DASTOOR, HE KNOWS!
 I think it's Stevie and it's definitely Isobel.  I was hoping for more of
a belting hymn with them all going for it big style accompanied by some
Sally Army brass, but I suppose a softly softly approach with an acoustic
guitar was inevitable.  Still, it's quite nice, don't you think?

Hello everyone I met/drank with in Glasgow!  Mmmm, I had a nice time, in
spite of lashing rain and freezing winds and no taxis for ages along Suck
Yer Hole Street (is that an old joke or am I being stunningly original
there?  Hmmm.)  Somebody asked about Glasgow architecture.  I went to the
Art School but it was bleeding well full of drunken students and you get
told off for snogging in the corridors, which just isn't cricket, is it?
For wonderous architectural beauty, I suggest Stow college.  It has a nice
sign welcoming you in several different languages and a lovely view of a
great big car park.

Who are you Biddy Baxtering for in the auction then?  I'm thinking of
going for Jo's hand knitted jumper.  Speaking of knitting, I'm starting a
knitting circle in London so if you'd like to come and click needles,
drink gin and gossip, whisper privately into my inbox and I'll let you
know what's going on.  All welcome.

And still speaking of knitting, I went to see the Magnetic Fields last
night.  I am pleased to report that the trend I started of wearing a long,
woolly, stripey scarf has caught on because each and every one of them
(including guest performers) was also wearing one.  I doubt they knitted
them themselves though.  Marc Almond looked a bit peeved at having to wear
something so frumpy with his lovely undone shirt and silver necklaces and
twinkly gold tooth, but we jeered and pestered him until he did, the big
softy.

Right, I'll luv yer and leave yer.

Juicy Lucy

ps. Jenowl, my lovely, sorry I didn't get to meet you at the weekend.
I've left a message for you in the 13th Note (second door along).

--- Stéphane Buron <sburon at club-internet.fr> wrote: > Just a quick note to
let you know that "it's a cool cool Christmas" can