Sinister: my selves and i were scared of using the wrong cutlery

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Fri Nov 3 22:26:06 GMT 2000

check it!

--i'll have a knife and a bike chain, and a fox in the snow for my
friend here--
i received a package in the mail from my friend in japan yesterday.
in it was a coaster from the, yes, belle and sebastian club in seoul,
korea! it's awesome b/c it's so two pieces of laminated coloured
cardboard cut into a circle with 'belle & sebastian' written on both
sides in gold and silver pen. rah! how very! my friend said the club
is great and decorated with b&s posters and b&s is played in healthy
amounts.

--telling time just got def--
i also received a "scratch watch", which is a watch with a tiny
plastic turntable on it and when you scratch the record it says one
of four japanese phrases (or parts of phrases if you're that kind of
scratch watch master). the phrases translate as: really?, why?,
that's enough! and okay okay! it is about the radest thing ever.

--sometimes people say 'coot', but that is not so cute really--
and, along with candy in sushi shapes and some long purple socks with
toes in them, i received a facecloth with a bunny on it and the
rather ominous words "her name is lily. she is three years old. she
is a rabbit." now, i'm pretty particular about what is cute. and this
is damn cute. a total rip-off of dick bruna's miffy the bunny, yes,
but it makes me say aaaw and smile every time i look at it. and miffy
the bunny is cuter than hello kitty, honestly. and hello kitty is
cute. my melody is perhaps cuter than hello kitty though but not as
cute as miffy. but what do i know; this weekend i hugged a giant
pikachu pajama bag in the sheets and pillows department of the bay. i
can only explain it as a bad reaction to goose down.

so, japan proves itself cute *and* rad yet again!
just like steven kado.

--i've seen the future and it's wearing flares--
but wait, stop, no, yes! there's more b&s! the latest issue of vice
magazine has belle-and-sebastian-a-scopes! b&s lyrics interpret the
month ahead! and in vice of all places! but you can tell they love
b&s; it's not tongue-in-cheek. well, maybe literally in their case,
but not figuratively.

--movies--
yes, "ratcatcher" is so great. after i saw "dancer in the dark"
(which turned me inside out and made me unable to move for a bit. i
loved it.), i took a cab to a filmfest party and the cab driver was
scottish. so there i am, all emotionally put through the ringer and
drained, and the cab driver asks (b/c we said we were going to a
filmfest party) if we saw any scottish films during the filmfest. and
i said yes, ratcatcher. and he said that that was a great film and
what did i think of it. and i said it was amazing and poetic and
stunning really (i was not articulate at all). and he wanted to know
more, *why* i thought these things, *what* was poetic about it, etc.
so i fumbled and talked about the scene where james goes to the new
housing development and looks out through the kitchen window and the
whole screen is filled with the kitchen window and a waving field of
long faded gold grass. which was just so beautiful and sad and a
visual contrast with much of the movie. and then the cab driver was
nice to me and told me of other scottish films to see and had a good
rant about the state of the american film industry. and he only
charged me $5 for a $15 cab ride.

--the sea and cake--
were really really great last night, like beautiful. it seems they
are playing with broadcast on almost all of their *other* tour dates,
which is awesome (though not awesome for me. awesome for you who see
this show.) but blonde redhead are coming here with the need in
december, so hey and wow and rah for that which is going to be
supremely rockin'.

um.
yeah, that.
but also, if you put john mcentire and stuart murdoch in the same
room, even if they were at opposite ends of it, the room would start
to glow with sexiness and anyone who saw this glow would immediately
fall down due to their knees turning to jelly and their pulse going
arhythmic.

yrs b/c vowels aren't on sale this week,
r o b y n

and: jason said good things about early 90s girlbands like cub!
yaaay! he also mentioned Nardwuar the Human Serviette in passing.
which i found funny b/c i don't know if i've ever heard nardwuar
mentioned in passing - either you're talking about nardwuar or you're
not, it seems...

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC