Sinister: he was rumoured to be either dead, selling pigs in the north of France, recruiting for the Dutch foreign legion, or ruling a tribe in Africa

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Sat Nov 4 21:03:48 GMT 2000

there are fireworks

Saturday night is fireworks night even though the gunpowder plot is more
properly commerorated the 'morrow (this prissy exactitude is in a vain
attempt to keep Christmas to the season of advent; the millenium 'till
2001; the American elections where they are due... an internationally
important piece of news by now, but I could've lived without the
coverage of it 6 months ago)
So the sparks are flying either side of the window, noisly, but failing
to align their cheerfully colourful little bursts of affection in front
of me.

the season for it

This is not the season for content, one suspects, or at least not until
Emmanuel has Come.
Someone mentioned listening to Belle tunes after a break, and choosing
Legal Man. My eye, too, has hovered over that CD spine in terms of a
re-entry to the world of Belle, being short and jolly and freeing me
from the crushing requirement to analyze lyrics...
dadaddadadaa...dadadadadada! yay. But I listen to a tape of Axelle Red
instead, cos she sings cute and funky stuff in French which I don't even
try to understand.

technology

Everything in it's place: weblogs in weblogland, music news in
sinister... is this the structure for a well-ordered hard disc? I'm sure
it's a wise concept, but too clever and complicated for a haggard old
virgin like me. I like people throwing this and that and whatever into
sinister mail. Kind of like a wondrous pile of jittery, exciteable junk
that makes my breakfast, of a weekday, a pleasure and, of a weekend, the
kind of stimulation apt to throw me into paroxysms of feedback, albeit
that the particular agencies are now deep down in my subconcious.

chat

Sinister chat was quite busy last night/morning/siesta whatever it was
for you. Funnily, some peeps on chat are scared to post, and some people
who post are scared to go on chat! Yer should all get together at a
picnic and bake scones or something in order to bond, cos yer all cool
and cute and...sinister. Anyways it would be awesome to see what 1300
people in a chat room would be like. Suppose Honey would have to divide
us all into little anterooms like they do on CH4 guest chats (sorry, UK
only ref... it's like where questions are selected from the people
who've logged in and then transferred to a kind of VIP chatroom...
basically it doesn't work.)

the subject

See the subject line, I opened the book at random and that was it...
it's strange because, generally, opening a book at random, one doesn't
generally come instantly across something so quotable. But, apologies,
and it is, I suppose, a flaw in random stuff: it'll be widely regarded
as irrelevant.
Which sums up this post rather neatly:)

love and kisses,
Gordon