Sinister: Fourth time lucky?

5 Scal Louis dougal at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 5 20:53:12 GMT 2000

  There once was a snake that lived in a pond. And the snake lived on
frogs, it only liked eating frogs, but the frogs were very fast and the
snake used to expend loads of energy chasing frogs. So the snake became
more and more tired of chasing them. Until one day the snake just lay by
the side of the pond looking ill (it was just pretending, but this snake
was a good actor), until one young frog (well, teenage really) came up the
bank and asked the snake "is there something wrong?".
  The snaked (pouting quite magnificantly) said "I bit the witches
daughter and in return she cursed me".
  "Really? What kind of curse?" asked the little frog.
  "I've got to become a carrier of frogs, and I'm not allowed to eat
any frogs without permission."
  "Go on then, prove it." Squealed the frog. "Carry me"
  "Ok" said the snake, moving down to the edge of the water. "get on."
  And the frog climbed onto the snake. The snake swam around the pond as
fast as he could with the frog on his back.
  "faster" screamed the frog. And the snake swam faster. Infact he swam as
fast as he could and all his splashing about atracted the attention of the
other frogs. When they heard what had happened, they all asked to ride the
snake. And the snake said yes to all of them. They all climbed on and got
carried around the pond as fast as the snake could swim. Until the King of
frog' noticed.
  "Whats happening?" He asked. And he was told all about the curse and
about how the snake had been giving everyone rides.
  "Well, I'm the King," he said, in a very self important way "I should
have a ride". So the king and his ontorage piled on to the snake and
everyoen else was pushed off. The king enjoyed it so much he told the
snake "Be here tommorow, I want another ride" and teh snake agreed.
  The next day the snake gave rides to everyone, but when the King had his
go, he noticed that the snake wasn't swimming as fast as he was the day
before, so the King asked him why.
  "Well, I'm tired. I haven't eaten for over a day and I can't eat
until you let me."
  The king thought and he decided to sacrifice a frog. And one was fed to
the snake every day from then on.
                                                             __
    __     ______    ______    ______    ______    ______    /  >

Well thats it, its not my story, but the woman on the radio (GLR) said it
should be passed on... its only paraphrased. I liked it.
I drew the snake myself though (its bad isn't it).

Louis

--
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change
the world.  Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.  -Margaret Mead