No subject

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Mon Nov 6 00:26:49 GMT 2000

All this talk, well two posts, about having finished uni and being scared of
the future struck a chord (Gm i think it was) with me because I am in the
same boat. The good ship Unemployment and Indecision has had me a passenger
for a good 6 months or so now... Leaving me to think that the only way
forward is to become a student again even though i was semi-relieved to
leave the student lifestyle for a bit.

It's odd that some people go for ages and ages without listening to B&S
because in my case the only two bands I know I will listen to on a near
daily basis are B&S and the Velvet Underground. I employ a squad roation
system with the rest of my collection. i think some of my Sonic Youth Cd's
are getting restless cos i haven't played them and Neil Young is threatening
to move to my brothers room because the poor guy hasn't had a look in for
months.

I bought an amazing book yesterday after seeing It's Jo and Danny at Borders
on Oxford street. it's called House of Leaves and is about 800 pages long.
it's one of those books where some pages are blank save for one word and
boxes of text cover other bits of text and are written in reverse. It
appealed to me becuase on the page where the author says "this book is for
...." it is written "this is not for you". which warmed me immensly.I said
it was amazing but I haven't actually read it yet
After I bought it i drifted aimlessly around the street trying to become
part of the mass of people drifting like the tide back home. But I failed to
merge with them so ended up being a peice of flotsam trying to fight the
current and inevitably got the wrong train.My mood was lightened by my
listening to "Love Songs On The Radio" by Mojave 3 on repeat... well
actaully it just made we want to cry but I don't like the taste of tears.

B&S content: we should email London's mayor, ken livingstone, to ask him to
put a statue up of Staurt M in Trafalger Square if he ever gets round to
removing the generals that are there now. It would be good to see loads of
tourists puzzling over who he is... which of course they don't do when they
see the statues of generals Napier and Havelock cos everyone knows them.

5 Scall Louis. What a good name. Sound like a right gangster type.

paul