Sinister: auctions, spam and other stuff .....

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Mon Nov 6 05:38:25 GMT 2000

hey kids ... just a short one today.

***AUCTIONS***
Anyone looked at the auctions pages? It's a bit strange .... much as the
killer CD I said I'd make would be pretty appealing, I think a starting bid
of 10 pounds and a bid increment of 5 pounds is a little silly. I haven't
really looked at too many of the oher peoples auctions, but I hope the think
doesn't topple over because everything is just too expensive..

Also, apparently the custom CD-R I haven't made yet is 'still sealed', is
located in Glasgow, and the buyer pays fixed shipping charges. hmmmm .....
Very confusing.

***SPAM***
Someone sent me, and about 100 other listees (I recognised some of your
e-mail addresses ... how sad) a big e-mail chain letter. Let's have an end
to this, huh? Much as I love the Sinist*r community, it does irk me that
someone would see fit to just copy and paste our names into some big bulk
mailout to "bring good luck" or something. No biggee, but I HATE getting
unsolicated crap in the mail from people I don't know .....

***HIPSTERS***
I am one now.
All my dreams have come true. I own a Go-Betweens shirt, whch my lovely
friend Dave bought me at last weeks London gig. It has the label of the "Lee
Remick" single on it, is dark blue and makes me feel super super cool.

Pity I'm otherwise unexcpetional looking a little on the tubby side ....
(sigh)

Anyway, off out ......

Take care,

Lawrence Mikkelsen.

PS _ Nik Ovendon ... jeepers! I had forgotten all about "our deal" .... Will
try to finsih the job ASAP .....

PPS Over and out .....