Sinister: Alone without being alone

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Mon Nov 6 08:55:29 GMT 2000

Creeping in while everyone's asleep, as usual.  I can expose myself and no
one will be witness.  Don't be sorry you're missing it, there's really
nothing to see.  But I swear that in the thrift-store today, while looking
for flare cords that don't exist, out comes my anthem over the speakers,
"Love Is A Battlefield", and it was the first time I smiled all day (feeling
ugly this Sunday), altho I would smile later on I couldn't see that far
ahead.  This was when I realized that someone was looking out for me.  If
only the spirit of Pat Benetar.

Didn't find a twee-shirt for the 2nd competition, but I'll keep looking, or
not looking.  It will come to me when I least expect it.  But I haven't
forgotten.  Still waiting, however, for Annie Tremps photo wearing
Twee-shirt #1.

And I'm glad that everyone who was ever mad at anyone is now no longer mad
at them... peace falls through the silent valley again.  And I hadn't heard
that Marine Research (formerly Heavenly) broke up; my inside source (i.e.
the Magic 8-Ball) says "ask again later".  Which means all will be revealed
in due time.

Standing up, knees shaking,
Brier