Sinister: Heaven is coming down to hold me...

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Mon Nov 6 14:34:36 GMT 2000

Hello friends,

*auction*
I've finally decided the talent I want to bid on for the auction (as I can't
afford Struan chauffeur services for my birthday, which is a shame really).
So I placed a bid, with moral and financial support from Velocity(so we can
share the talent and raise more money, of course). And we have instantly
been outbid by someone who placed a Maximum Price on that convoited talent.
Mr Biondino, be careful, I might know who you are :) And I might even win
the lottery or get "Granny's birthday money" soon and fight back on that
auction.

*family tree*
My whole family has been here for 4 days this week, this meaning 2 parents
and 2 brothers. My God, I just ended so exhausted. They finally went and I
went back to bed straight after they were gone and slept until the
afternoon. Being a tourist guide is such a hard job.It was nice anyway, I
have been fed like a duck during 4 days, and took them to all the nice
restaurants I've been sing fo a month and unable to afford. Eh eh eh.

We also went to the zoo and it was ace, it was the biggest one I've ever
seen and we spent hours in it running around to see the animals. In case you
are interested, highlights were the scary crocodiles, the talking parrots
("hola, hola" it was not a catalan one ;), the huuuuge albinos gorilla and
the massive bears. I wanted to feed them with my little bro but my mum
wouldnt let me.
Well apart from the zoo we also visited more cultural stuff, but the zoo was
the best, really.

*bailando en la oscuridad*
As Peter and Jordi left me on my own to go and see "Dancer in the dark", I
went on my own yesterday. Good move to go on my own (and without make-up), I
was just looking like nothing presentable going out of the cinema. I hope I
didn't upset my cinema neighbours too much, I have been crying sort of all
the way long. I think I hadn't cried that much since "Breaking the waves"
(well and also when I thought E.T was dead, but I was 8).

The film is beautiful, really. And I am very very impressed with Bjork
performance as an actress. After 3 minutes she just was Selma so much, and I
stopped seeing her as Bjork. As for Catherine Deneuve, "grande dame" of
French cinema, as they say, well I hope none of you laughed at her dreadful
accent :)

*flatmates*
It appears that, added to the fact they are so unhappy, my flatmates
(flatmates being here used as a common term, they are not my mates, right?)
seem to think that paying the bills is not a mandatory thing nowadays. So we
had last week a letter saying that we will be without water on the 14th, due
to unpaid bills since August. I personally think that nowadays living
without water is a bit unconvenient. So I will probably move out sometime
this week, as I have no intention of paying unpaid bills to keep living with
gloomy flatmates. One month, new personal record of shorter stay in a flat.

OK I am off now, next matter of the day being "how to explain to a lazy
Catalan that in a "group work" all the people are indeed supposed to work".
Wish me luck.

Have a good week all
Elena