Sinister: on the one day we were young

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Tue Nov 7 21:09:51 GMT 2000

I felt I ought to reply to PJ Miller. He's as lonely as a log, or something.
I think that's what he said. No wonder he's lonely, few folks seem to answer
what he says. Perhaps they can't read Spanish. It's the loving tongue, but
she never spoke it, ni, poked it, to me.

>>>Sorry to hear about Nick Drake being dead. Let's hope he gets well soon.
>>>A couple of cider armadilloes and he'll be right as rain.

What's that Campbell line - it will all be over when you're dead? I listened
to TBWTAS for the first time in ages today. Feelings?
1998. September. Green. The old gone smells of the Poetry Café. But also, I
found it hard to get sufficiently defamiliarized from the LP to enjoy it
that much. In other words, I am surprised to say that, depite not having
heard it in a while, I perhaps need to go a still longer while before I hear
it again.

I think I would react differently to FYHCYWLAP. I have a strangely good vibe
about that record. It's really odd how things turn out, as Eugene Debs once
remarked.

>>>I suppose it might grow on me, but I'm not going to give it a chance.

This is nicely put.

>>>We went over 24 hours without a post, surely a record? I blame weblogs.

I know you do. Whatever they may be. But I am touched at the attentiveness
with which you scan these things. *Someone* has to keep bothering.

>>>Me and Jordi

'Cruyff', if you please.

>>>Is it Gentle Waves release day? That should keep the list busy for an
>>>hour or two. Or at least it would have done in the past.

The past, the past. Did we really all live there once? Or do we still?

>>>Have a great time in New York, Steve. Don't forget to go and see that
>>>picture of The Foxgloves in action.

Action is our middle name. We have to share it. That's why we still haven't
got much action to go round.

>>>Obviously you'll have to clamber over the swooning lumberjacks to get to
>>>it. If you hear someone shout "TIMBER!!!" get out of the way sharpish, or
>>>one might fall on you and you'll have to spend the rest of your holiday
>>>underneath a lumberjack.

It's funny (in two senses) that you should say this, cos it's all true. Just
wait till you see Papercuts V: Caleb's Legacy. (Are you in it, by the way? I
hope so.)

>>>And somehow that really impressed me.

Aw.

By the way,