Sinister: Jeepster? Where did it all go wrong?

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Wed Nov 8 09:23:53 GMT 2000

Sorry for snding this short bitter little rants so often lately, but I left
this part out of yesterdays post by mistake.

***JEEPSTER***
***WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG?***
Remember when subscribing to Jeepster news meant that you used to get news
about new B&S related stuff *before* you read it in the NME? (As opposed to,
say two weeks afterwards, like I got about the Christmas album. And no news
at all about new Gentle Waves stuff)

So today, it being AFTER the release date of said Gentle Waves items, I went
online to order them. And they're not listed in the mail order shop on the
site. I mean, for heaven's sake, they were in todays "New Music at CD Now"
spam e-mail letter I get every week.

I have no idea how a once incredibly efficient and user friendly site/label
has seemingly become so uncommunicative and unhelpful over the last six
months. Not being able to pre-order forthcoming releases is extremely
inconvenient, especially if you live on the other side of the world and
would like to get your stuff reasonably close to it's actual UK release date

I actually wrote an essay for my Tech course last year, all about how
wonderful Jeepster was, as an example of the great things indie labels can
do on the web by making it easy for their overseas fans to by their records
quickly.

So now I may have to sell my soul and by the new Gentle Waves CDs, and "It's
a Cool Cool Christmas" off some big multinational.

I'm really sorry, Jeepster ... I always swore I'd support indie labels, but
jeepers!, you've got to make the CDs available, right?

Signing off .....

Lawrence Mikkelsen