Sinister: the language of love and the love of languages

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 8 15:16:44 GMT 2000

FYHCywlkap never gave me any impressively good vibes.From the distance,it
was the sitar;looking more closely,the season,the place, being
distinguished in the background of some smoky room, some other
drunken party , it was not a good
start for what it was.I was hearing but not listening.
Nico's husky phrasing keeps me company again in my mind,not need to be
played, but I play IFYAS again instead.I ignored tweeness as a concept
when I first found it and only spoke love tongues.It would have never been
branded with the closest translation I come up with.

Playing the game of choosing somebody else's (public) lives to be lived
instead of mine, I would not have minded taking Clare Wadd's place. Or at
least to write how she writes,because the stuff our streams of
consciousness seem to have a lot in common,only that she knows how to put
it nicely and beautifully.If anyone out there still has the time or the
fancy,please read Tangents every month,or every now and then.It will be
your good action of the day.

My students are not particularly smart,though most of them are quite
lovable.They trust computers,codes,formulae;it goes beyond trust,they
believe in them with a faith that goes too far to be smart.However,I am
someone else's student as well, and don't think he would regard me as
smart exactly. He thinks I am
lazy,disinterested,unfocused,volatile. Femenine as its worst.But he is
somehow the disciple of someone else.And this last one, who will perhaps
make it to the short list of Nobel Prizes some day,lost his most brilliant
student ( a she,by the way) to the industry of entertainment.

Sincerely (honestly I mean) yours

Arantxa