Sinister: Clinton be pleased...another Bush in the Whitehouse...arf arf

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Wed Nov 8 17:23:21 GMT 2000

How we (the SW British) have heard that joke so much
in the past few hours...can i not se the 'Simpson'
scriptwriters having a field day!!!
But then...wait?  Gore? hmm...maybe clinton is less of
a fan of that...but it's another democrat...
oh, wait, Bush is in the lead again!
or is he?
You sodding americans with your confusing electoral
system...now it is claimed that servicemen in Korea
who are residents of Florida have to return their
votes.
WHAT'S GOING ON?!!
despite this, my new controversial topic has to be the
elections.  despite the floods in most of our fair
country (and apologies to all of you who are onder
15ft of water...), it is safe to say that the
Presidential elections are tres nutty.
I would rather have Gore, after finding Texas (which
is Bush's state) is No1 for executions, polluted city
and underinsurance, while it is 47th in state and 50th
in medical spending (yee-haw) plus his brutal and
unnecessary plans to rape alaska's nature reserves for
oil.
Comments, texans?  i know you've all debated this
before, but your news takes a strangled, delayed past
to our [rainy] shores...

on a lighter note...
GENTLE WAVES
Much better than last time, i think.  Stuie M has done
the string arrangements, and they are tres Stuie...

JEEPSTER
Jeepster's site is slowly decomposing, is it not?
In fact, did anyone discover Looper's reason for
quitting the label?
How much of the xmas album cost will go to the Big
Issue?  "profits" is such an ambiguous word, since
accountants are so good at "cooking with numbers"

FLOODS/PETROL CRISIS
our Geography class have spotted a wasted opportunity
from our dismal government yet again.
What if they'd announced "OK, you can choose -
reduction in fuel duty or flood defences?" - 2 birds,
one stone.
In fact, truckers should be entitled to 'red' diesel,
and i still fail to see why not.  But then, i advocate
the use of rail freight (one the bloody privatised
rail services get their asses in gear)

DROSS
i found a Snow Patrol 12" with extra S. Pilot
remixes...yippee!
Clearlake's website (www.clearlake.uk.com) is grand,
if ye havenae heard of them...
Select's CD this month has gone all indie on us...PJ
Harvey?  Snow Patrol?  GENTLE WAVES?
ALFIE??????????  i mean, lee's a sex god, but his
music is soooo not Selectish!!

Once again, in true "uh?  ah?  wuh?  puh?" style i put
my washable ink on your dear pages, and for this i
apologise.

Lotsa Love,
Niko
xxx

PS - my arab friend wants Bush to win "otherwise
America's VP will be a Jew".  How should i respond?  I
have a bucket of sand and my head ready...
PPS - "orange - minge". "silver - bugger it, i cant
find a word that rhymes with silver".  That good
enough?
PPPS - i'm really confused about the Chris Geddes
thing.  is he having the 4 top bidders round, or 4
nights where the top bidders come round, accompanied
by three friends?  hmmm, i'm scared i paid lots for
only one placemat...