Sinister: I Don't Believe In The Son

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Wed Nov 8 19:51:19 GMT 2000

My Fellow

I spent election night in Maine, Tennessee, hunkered down on a bunker bed
with my goodfriend, Albert J. McLeish, the heterosexual lumberjack from
Sacramento. We were very disappointed when David Dimbleby, man of the
millennium in my book [have you read my book? It's called 'David Dimbleby:
Man of the Millennium; pub. Lilliput Press, 2001], so *casually* (in the
middle of an interview with an utterly goonish Bush academic!) retracted -
not to say rescinded, or even revoked, Gore's Floridan victory.

- If you didnae know the resul', mon, said Albert, ye shouldnae hve
annoonced it.

His protests went for nothing.

Someone, somewhere, cried.

Youn sure is the head of the Ambiguity Police.
She said:

>>>I love how 'just' is ambiguous in this line:
It's just we feel she gets distracted.
PF, if you ever read this, could you please tell us what you meant?

Why, have you heard the song? I am a tad mystified at where you are getting
your sources from. If I didn't know better I'd think that 'Youn' was a
clever alias for 'Ally1996'. (Where is he anyway?)

I'm afraid that what I meant was loose rather than ambiguous. It meant
nothing more interesting than:

It's just [simply / only / merely] that we [her teachers] feel that she [a
pupil, aged 18 as it happens] gets distracted [by other classmates, rather
than concentrating on her work; therefore, we advise that you, her
parent(s), get her to knuckle down (work harder)].

I'm sorry that the result is not more enthralling than that.

>>>I can't wait to hear Suburban Light!
What's that?

Come, Hillary, come.