Sinister: Same old brand-new you

Erica MacArthur Macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Nov 9 19:30:56 GMT 2000

Like, Hi

Eric xo said:

>where has all the queerness gone in
>b&s songs? we used to have girls holding hands, jane >having boys or girls
tonight, gay brothers, and lisa meeting >chelsea... now it's all terribly
>terribly straight. this must be rectified.

Hot Damn, you're right! perhaps that's why they don't interest me or lots of
us anymore. I can handle 3..6...9 these days, but not much anything else. I
don't know where the love went. Chart-pop stole me from Belle and Sebastian.
When will Belle and Sebastian fight back? (Also Eric - don't tell anyone in
London on your travels that you are actually foreign. They will assume you
want money or cigarettes and run away. I have also noticed something - if
you're going to ask for directions, ask a Girl. Boys seem to send you off
down the street even if they don't know where the hick they're sending you
for the sake of their own pride. So, take note)

I think Jenowl should change her name to JenOW, it would make much more
sense. I'm sorry to hear the pricks are still kicking out. Luckily, in my
early teens I never really got things thrown at me, but the torrent of
verbal abuse hurt a great deal. I think if I had really had the courage to
ever really retaliate to any of them, I might have got a bit of a smack. But
hell, this is the epitome of upper middle-class rural living, that sort of
thing isn't done.

>saw pretty in pink last night, and again, marvelled at just >how disgusting
molly ringworm's dress is at the prom

Look, no! You simply cannot say this. It was ace. I loved that part of the
film, female impowerment with a New Order soundtrack. It's 'I'm going to the
prom alone but I'm going to look GOOD'. It's funny how whenever I draw a
dress on a bit of paper and start to cut out bits of material to make it, it
never fits. Possibly because when I'm cutting things out, I think in 2-D,
and so the only thing that could wear the damn thing could be a cardboard
cut-out of myself. I might make one.

I must end this letter here. It sounds like someone is throwing a coat
hanger at my door whenever I put the new A1 single on, and I'm going to
investigate.

Erica

P.s are most people going to see the Gentle waves on the friday or the
saturday of the spitz gig?

http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html