Sinister: Stuff and things

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Fri Nov 10 15:18:12 GMT 2000

I'm staying in for the next two days.  The BBC ticker at the bottom of my
screen has put the fear into me because it says Flood Fears Over Wet
Weekend Flood Fears Over Wet Weekend Flood Fears Over Wet Weekend and that
sort of weather does no end of harm to a blow dry and a pair of tights.  I
have a good excuse to stay in now, though, because I have 73 (seventy
three) channels on the telly thanks to good old Telewest.  I get to watch
the Power Puff Girls on the Cartoon Network and then catch the repeat half
an hour later on Cartoon Network +1.  On Saturday AND Sunday.  I also get
to laugh at musical indoor Christmas fountains on QVC.  I still haven't
had enough of QVC.  My favourite presenter is the lady who does the
jewellery.  She has such dainty, thin wrists!

The BBC ticker also keeps saying Wear The Parts On Your Sleeve Wear The
Parts On Your Sleeve at me but it looks like Wear The Pants On Your
Sleeve, which would be an interesting fashion statement, no?  I prefer to
see pants on heads though.  It's an old chestnut and a classic at the same
time.

So, can I take it that you're all either (a) without sound cards or (b)
waiting to hear the full version of the Come song before you pass
judgement?  If you deleted my last email, which you should have done
because it was a load of old cobblers, I'll repeat that 30 seconds of
Belle & Sebastian's Latest Recording (!!!!!) is on the Xfm website, which
I think is at http://www.xfm.co.uk  Yep, just tested the link.

Who voted for Ralph Nader?  Come on, fess up.  If you lot had just gone
and voted for Gore, this whole election fussy business wouldn't have
happened* and I wouldn't have to listen to details of how Bush is ahead by
1,775 votes in Florida, but the Press Association's independent research
says the margin may be as little as 229 votes but we're still waiting for
the postal votes Every Darn Morning on my radio!  You pesky people.

My BBC ticker has just told me that everybody in Europe is descended from
ten men, which means that a lot of you are related to me, you poor people.
 The BBC don't mention any ladies being involved in the whole ancestry
thing, which either means that (a) their research isn't very thorough or
(b) men can have babies if they really, really try.

I'm bored.  I'm sorry.

Juicy Lucy

*Possibly.  I don't actually have statistical evidence to back up this
theory.