Sinister: Stuff and things

Jeff Burke shiplore at xxx.com
Fri Nov 10 18:03:16 GMT 2000

Juicy Lucy chimed in with::

>Who voted for Ralph Nader?  Come on, fess up.  If you lot had just gone
>and voted for Gore, this whole election fussy business wouldn't have
>happened* and I wouldn't have to listen to details of how Bush is ahead by
>1,775 votes in Florida, but the Press Association's independent research
>says the margin may be as little as 229 votes but we're still waiting for
>the postal votes Every Darn Morning on my radio!  You pesky people.

I did. But I live in massachusetts. which other than texas  is the safest
place in the world to vote for ralphie.. cause  the outcome wasn't in doubt
in either state and popular vote doesn't count..it's cause we're a republic
not a pure democracy you see......

If I lived in a "battleground" state.. so masculine our competitive
terms....I would have cast my vote against...ol' Dubba....the 3 time
arrested coke addict, alcoholic who had daddy buy his way into yale and out
of vietnam who has executed 117 people in his role as governoer and who
didn't get anykind of job till he was 30 and daddy appointed him the an
oilcompany  which then abruptly went out of business...

the democrats have aggravated me when they became so damn republican..
cutting off welfare... education... endorsing the death penalty etc...

they're like "new" labor....which is alot more like torys then old labor...

that being said Bush and his "strict constructionists" scare me so much....

what's the general way the election is being veiwed outside the US? C'mon I
know we've got a bucketload of UKers on here as well as some ANZACs, Swedes,
Spainairds, Canadians et al....

as a whole I'd say in the US we're all really confused. (more so than usual)
we don't have any idea what's going to happen....
but at the same time it's exciting cause it will cause change of some
kind...

I think the general mood of the country is turning to "oh i don't care who's
president just make it go away..." which is good in that we'll have no
banana republic kind of abolishing the election and clinton proclaiming
himself tzar... but by the same token it reeks a bit too much of apathy...

I think I have a sinister list crush but I'm not saying who!
i have an actual list crush from another band's list (yes I've been two
timing you all with another list I apologize...)... We're going to meet up
even though we live across country from one another... she's a librarian in
training isn't that rad? I've very nervous and excited. anyone ever actually
meet a sweetheart through this? Are their any list couples? How's it going?
don't you feel slightly socially stigmatized... I do.

ah. I have to apologize for my ramblings and lack of B&S content. Although I
would like to defend Isobel. I've never met her but I'm sure we'd get along
swimmingly.

open invatation
if any of you all are in boston or visiting boston drop me a note. I'll give
you a tour if you're not familiar with our fine city... and if you are than
pints are in order...

g'night and thank you.

jb