Sinister: election smelection ... who cares when the world heavyweight title is at stake?

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Fri Nov 10 21:48:12 GMT 2000

***DAVID TUA IS KING OF THE WORLD***
Unlike most of you (apart from, possibly Mr Murdoch) I am ***EXTREMELY***
excited about the heavyweight title fight between fellow Aucklander David
Tua and Lennox Lewis. No offence English people, but I am hoping that David
completely obliterates Mr Lewis. I mean, I'm sure he's a nice guy and all
..... but David Tua is so cool.

I have no idea what draws me to boxing. Yes, it's a terrible, violent sport,
but there is something so bautifully pure about it. None of this bollocksy
kicing a ball between two posts to prove who's better ... just to men
settling things "the old fashioned way" (circa 500 BC)

Anyway, David Tua, you are in my thoughts ....

***U.S.ELECTION***
Stupid process. It makes New Zealand's rather complicated MMP system look
like a coin toss.Personally I think they should ...
a) Just make Ralph Nader the president on the basis the other two are fools.
(Although I do like Al, he's not half the man Ralph is ...) or
b) Make the new HEAVYWEIGHT CAHMPION OF THE WORLD the President. I'm sure
either Lennox Lewis or David Tue would do as good as job as George W. Bush.

***AUCTION***
Anyone here bidded yet? Still no bids on my wonderful talent. I do really
think it's a wee bit expense in all honesty. I hope the charities make some
decent money from it though ....

***JEESPTER***
Hmmm ... all that ranting seems to have payed of. The Gentle Waves CDs are
on the site now. I'm glad I didn't order them from someone else then. So, as
soon as you can preorder "It's a Cool Cool Christmas" I'll order all three.
Excitement plus .....

and speaking of "Jeepster" ...

***T-REX***
Good or crap? Both, I think. I was just listening to "Tanx", not their best
album, but with such fab bonus tracks as "20th Century Boy" and "Children of
the Revolution" you can't really go wrong. Great pop, although a little
cheesy and crap. Thatbeing sad, as I type this I'm listening to Bowie's
"Let's Dance" album. Which is hardly "Low" or "Ziggy Stardust" .... but then
its hardly "Tin Machine I & II" or "Never Let Me Down" either .....

and what about ....
***BOB DYLAN***?
Q's special "collectors edition" issue on Dylan is very exciting. I went
throught a Dylan "phase" when I was 14-17, which was superceded by my Smiths
"phase" (1992-2000 ....) I have practically all his albums on tape, and
don't really listen to all that menay now, but that magazine has made me go
back and start listening to all his albums again. They're all pretty good
... even the crap ones. I mean, Dylan on a bad day is still better tghan a
lot of people on their best days.

***B&S CONTENT***
Am looking forward to the Christmas Carol. Anyone actually heard it yet?
Dammit, I wish thye'd release a single/album/radio sessions compilation/tee
towel or SOMETHING! (sigh)

Oh, that's right ....
***SODASTREAM***
Wow ... you lucky devils. I wish I was seeing Sodastream tonight. "Looks
Like a Russian" is a great album ... one which gets better with each listen.
Enjoy, all of you have the opportunity to see them. And buy their album ....
It's tops!

Well, I'm off to look at potential churches to get married in. Oh joy

I'll get my coat ...

Lawrence Mikkelsen