Sinister: They'll grasp some sleep by matches

nicolson ian imn_uk at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 10 22:01:05 GMT 2000

Good grief, I think I'm going to take up hibernation!
I don't get out of bed until about half ten most
mornings (God, I'm so decadent!), then potter about
the house for a bit before lunch and generally go out
for a while in the afternoons.  But when I get home I
need to go for a sleep before tea, I just get so
blinking tired!  This doesn't happen during the
summer.  God knows what I'll be like if I get a job!

Perhaps I dreamed this (which happens a lot, what with
all this sleeping), but did someone say that there's a
William Blake quote on the Gentile Waves album?
There's a song about the mad old visionary feller on
the new Fall LP.  Given their shared interest,
shouldn't maybe Isobel and Mark E. Smith get together
for a duet perhaps?  That wouldn't sound awful, would
it?  And while the idea of Isobel on a Fall song is
intreguing, surely Narky Mark on a Gentile Waves
record is far more exciting.  "ACTRESSESS ON
CUPBOARDS-UH! IT WAS THE TIIIIME OF THE GIAAANT
BUNNIES-UH! IN THE NEIIIGHBOURHOOD OF INFINITYYYYYY!"
Etc.  With extra glockenspiel and recorder.  Maybe
even a video - Mark skipping through a poppy field or
something.  By 'eck, the possibilities are endless!
Remember, kids, when it knocks Westlife off number
one, it was my idea!

Square-eyed Eastenders freak Arantxa was worried about
FatPat's ear-rings.  If you were all watching last
night (and I can only assume that you were) you'd be
relieved to see that they were back in place for her
big "Feck off youse lot, I take you all on, ya
cunts!!" scene.  And bigger than ever.  It's good to
know that amidst all the tendril wires and chaos some
things never change.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is the feast of St. Theodore the
Studite.  Have a good one!

Ian N.