Sinister: election smelection ... who cares when the world heavyweight title is at stake?

Jason McKinnon megatherion5 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 10 21:10:40 GMT 2000

Hey,

Lawrence said:

> ***T-REX***
> Good or crap? Both, I think. I was just listening to "Tanx", not their best
> album, but with such fab bonus tracks as "20th Century Boy" and "Children of
> the Revolution" you can't really go wrong. Great pop, although a little
> cheesy and crap. Thatbeing sad, as I type this I'm listening to Bowie's
> "Let's Dance" album. Which is hardly "Low" or "Ziggy Stardust" .... but then
> its hardly "Tin Machine I & II" or "Never Let Me Down" either .....

To quote the Great White Duke himself in All the Young Dudes. :

"Who needs TV when you have T-Rex."

And. yes, that was originally a Bowie song that Mott the Hoople covered.

IMNSHO, Bowie looked up to Marc Bolan. And tried to emulate him early on.

I gave T-Rex another day in court a couple of years ago, and now they are
one of my favorite bands.

(Here's where I get weird.)

 I think that my hermetic studies have something to do with it. Marc Bolan
was ostensibly involved in magic (with a k), and I think that some of his
music was majorly influenced by his magickal studies.

All I know is this.......

Humming or singing T-Rex songs to yourself whilst on the prowl for the
opposite sex will almost guarantee an interesting situation.

Doesn't his sex, magick, and rock n' roll attitude just make you wanna curl
your lip and dance around with abandon?

Always a Jeepster for your love,

Jason the Pickle Prince

P.S. I suppose pointing out that Jeepster records has the same name as a
T-Rex song would be redundant in this crowd.