Sinister: the tree feller

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Sat Nov 11 15:58:56 GMT 2000

The 'tree surgeon' came to visit, the other day.
Left behind, a pine-scented heap of shavings on the patio.
There's heat inside... put your hand in and it's warm: steam rises into
the autumnal air
We're making some paths in the birch wood with the shavings.
A rose plant, as tall as me, still has dark maroon petals, cupped tight.

It is scented. Ah...
A raggedy formation of birds overhead, sounding like geese but too
disorganized.
Dad works with the 45deg mitre in the porch, sawing little strips of
beading I bought, to make a frame.
My mum stands outside clutching a mug of tea, talking about the new
paths.
I try sinister chat, but there's nobody there... I start writing to
myself...
I change windows to this one.

Start at the beginning, stay a while in the middle, and finish at the
end.
So much for objectivity. My vote is for the middle, with blurry edges.
Walk to those foggy edges and the footing is surprisingly sure, but
there is no beginning in view, nor an end.

When I post I suppose I don't really namecheck other members of the
list, or seem to take up the threads. Not often, anyway. I think of nice
things, the woodshavings and the rose and the almost geese, and smile
the same way I do when I think of you lot.

:)

She was into S&M and Bible Studies