Sinister: The National Team of Scotland in Athens!

Joan of Dark silmaril at xxx.gr
Sat Nov 11 20:15:25 GMT 2000

hey people looking out the window to the city below......
       hey people looking out the window for the fun and
sorrow...........

                                         hum hum......ehhhh.......
hey there!

I have an announcement to make to all greek sinitrees............
the Scottish National Team of Music is playing in Athens (Greece) in
December....

On December 1st it's Delgados     (yay!)
and
On December 15th it's Hefner      (yay yay!!!)

also.....
on November 25th Baxendale are playing here too.........

all 3 previous gigs are going to take place in "The House of Art" in
Athens......
If anyone's interested in more info, or -most important- for a meet-up,
please email me privately....

and now......
I need your help, directly related to the previous subject.....
For various reasons, I can only go  to two of these gigs and I would
really appreciate it if you could help me with deciding  which two of
the three bands I'm going to see. The thing is I've only listened to
very few songs of each band.....(only one of baxendale)- my income is
quite lousy lately to spend my last money on cds like I used to- and I
can't really tell......

So, please, your help would be really appreciated....Just think that you
will indirectly be the reason for my dancing all night.
Just vote for a band or an album......

Do I sound too desperate???
Well...........I am!!!!!
: )

A lot of talk on Belle and Sebastian has been going on around here
lately......They rise in fame finally....
Main articles in major music magazines( pop & rock)  and fanzines(
fractal press - entropy).....Yay!!! I feel quite proud....

Some days ago when a guy at the Uni asked me what bands or kind of music
I listen to ,  after a lot of "hmmm.....errrmmm....ehmmmm"  I said.... :
"well........it's ...nice......I like it...a lot.......it's melodious,
most of the times, and happy, unlike me....it makes me dream and it
makes me smile...i listen to.......pop, but not the mainstream mtv
stuff......I listen to Indie-Pop...." Poor guy he was scratching his
head puzzled..........
And, to make things worse, I showed him my bag with the big "belle and
sebastian" neatly written across it on blue metallic ink and said
proudly:  " And this is my favourite band, belle and sebastian",
pronouncing each letter slowly and carefully.......
"Huh???" went the guy.....-you should see his face-.....
"A band?? I thought they were boyfriends of yours or something......" I
was bashed down...... : /

But next time someone asked me the very same question I was ready . I
had the article in the magazine with me and just stuck it to his face
while saying in a hurry: "
andmyfavouritebandisbelleandsebastianandImnottheonlyonetoknowthemhere,see?"
Fortunately this guy was much more polite than the previous one , and
read through the whole article and said that they must be good. But that
was the end of the discussion on belle and sebastian......I never dared
to bring the subject up again........although I guess I have chances
with this one.....to convert him I mean........

That's all from me for the moment <-------that was a threat..: )))

all my love to all of you.....

Joanna

PS1: it's a full moon tonight, spend it in a nice way, cuddle next to
your beloved, take your dog out for a walk, take yourself out for a
walk, listen to some music and look out your window......

(PS2:don't forget to call before you come)

    *p o p !*