Sinister: where's the sixty quid you borrowed off me?

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Tue Nov 14 22:26:59 GMT 2000

Mooro said things about Hillary sewing and stitching and stuff. I think
that's lovely. I would love to sew stuff with Hillary. Not to mention bake.
My own mother can't believe how much I like Hillary. But what is Hillary
actually doing out there? It seems a bit like a potential Ken Livingstone
situation. That's no bad thing, really.

>>>Thanks to The Pinefox for calling out to me in my hour of loneliness.

Thanks for the definite article.

I read it, agreed with some of it, but wanted to ask you about one or two of
its more, shall we say, 'definite' assertions about voting patterns.

>>>I've got a weblog now, devoted to day-to-day apparitions of The 70s WHO.
>>>It's called My 70s WHO Loghouse Project, and it's pretty much cornered
>>>the market, I think. So come on, 70s WHO, Let's See Action!

Notwithstanding The Return of Frank Cannon and even The Revenance of Ally96,
this is the funniest thing on sinister for ages, in my book.

Have you read my book? It's called 'Funny Things On Sinister, 2000' (London:
Harvill, forthcoming 2001).

>>>She could make Paradise Lost sound like a shopping list.

Eh?

>>>I wouldn't have thought that Christmas album would make a great deal of
>>>profit, due to the wilful exclusion of The Eurythmics.

I heard their 'Seventeen Again' in a crockery shop lately. I thought it was
OK till I realized what it was. That's ironic, for once my response to them
might have been the opposite.

>>>Pinefox, I don't know if I'm in Papercuts or not.

Nor do I, anymore. I thought I was, but it's all gone like mongoose. I mean,
mangoes.

>>>Trousers is too busy hand-rotating the top of the Post Office Tower.

That much I knew.

>>>But I'm working on stuff, I'm working on stuff. Based on the homosexual
>>>gangster orgy in "Performance".

Really. What kind of 'stuff'? A challenge to Colin MacCabe? Let's offer a
Papercuts challenge to Colin MacCabe, that'll show them down in the West
country, where they've all been living off Hardy tea-towels and the undying
reputation of that Visitors flexi-disc for far too long.

White leopards, mulberry bushes

weave, Hillary, wove