Sinister: I could be dreaming

Kate D katefunky at xxx.com
Wed Nov 15 18:11:30 GMT 2000

hello. i'm a bit tired of being a lurker so i thought i would finally
surface. it's really not that bad up here after all. actually its rather
nice. not quite as nice as if we had an indie revolution, but getting there.

my real reason for posting is procrastination. i have one (one!!!) exam to
go and then freedom!!! well freedom to work in a supermarket part time and
worry about my future because... now i am a graduate.

I just read ben's post that was missing all the political stuff... in
australia we don't really talk much about whether or not you should vote
until something as confusing as a us presidential election happens. i forget
that in other places voting isn't compusory. and i suppose whether or not
voting should be compusory is a bit political for me (i'm a pretty benign
leftie, like most indie kids) and the list, so i will try and come up with
some content...

when i started on the list, there were many discussions about B&S dreams. i
was very jealous, because i hadn't had one. and after nights and nights of
trying, i finally had one. it was lovely. i can't remember much, but it
involved a church hall and stuart and trestle tables.

The other night i had my first flying dream, and that was much more
exciting. you see, i've been wanting a dream where i could fly for a very
long time. i think it was one of those things that, as soon as you think
about it consciously, it can't happen. you have to really forget about it
before it can happen... (nerd alert) like actually being able to fly in the
hitchhikers guide books, you have to genuinely forget to fall. but it was a
lovely dream , i was flying all over the place and seeing the most beautiful
things and i felt so calm and happy after i woke up. i had the nicest day
afterward.

anyway, psychophysiology calls, so lots of love and lollipops to the list.
kate.