Sinister: This whitey music ain't half bad!

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Wed Nov 15 17:13:44 GMT 2000

Two things have inspired me to post today. 1) Phil posted and I love Phil.
The subject line is a Phil-quote.  2) I hate everything.
You know how it is, when you have a day where everything demands hating?
Here are some things that I hate.  1) Roommates who make odd squeaking
noises in their sleep.  This squeaking noise is difficult to explain.  It
sounds a little like the noise produced when one makes balloon animals.  I
can't imagine what part of a human produces this noise.  Often when the
noise is made, I have an urge to walk over and stare at Megan...I mean, the
roommate...to ascertain why she sounds like a balloon animal in her sleep.
But it's always dark and I'm tired, and I would rather be asleep than
investigating squeaky noises.  2) Large, bureaucratic, unsympathetic
universities.  Like, NYU for example.  3) Ah, what should be included on
every hate list:  Stupid people.
There are many more things I hate, but I am too tired to list them now.
Now, sometimes I keep Sinister mails that I mean to post replies about, but
it takes me a while to get around to them.  Here, then, is some rehashing of
old posts.
A long time ago, Jenowl said:
>Any one remember that? It was a kid's tv >progmramme in the late 80's/early
>90's about this girl called Wisp, and she found a >magical rainbow belt,
and
>she became Rainbow Brite...
Do I remember Rainbow Brite!  Fookin' hell, she was my imaginary friend for
years!!!  I owned the following RB merchandise.  1 large Rainbow Brite doll.
1 large Shy Violet doll.  1 large Patty O'Green doll (note, when I was
little, I thought it was Patio Green.  It wasn't until I was about 16 that I
realized that didn't make any sense.) 1 large Baby Brite doll. 1 small
Canary Yellow doll (and sprite). 1 small Indigo doll (and sprite).  1 small
Tickled Pink doll (and sprite). 1 small Rainbow Brite doll (and sprite).  1
small Patio Green doll (and sprite). 1 stuffed Starlight horsey. 1 Rainbow
Brite-in-a-hot-air-balloon wall hanging. 2 tapes of Rainbow Brite P!O!P!
music, one general, one Christmas.  Included such hits as "Starlight,
Rainbow Brite, a little wish in the moonlight", and a rearranging of Jingle
Bells to be about sprites and Color Crystals.  This was almost as great as
the tape I have of the Chipmunks singing hits of the late 70s/ early 80s,
such as Take A Chance On Me and Whip It and Bettie Davis Eyes.
Then a slightly less long time ago, honey and Juicy Lucy said some things
about ring tones that went something like this:
>aa#aaGF+f+f+f+f+E+E+d+d+c+c#ap#a#aa#a+c#aAGffggA+f+f+e+f+g+f+E+D+c+c+d+d+E+
C+d+d+d+d+E+F+E+D+C
This was great, because I just got a new phone that I love and hug and email
people from daily, and I would love it to sing Belle and Sebastian songs to
me, except WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???  If I am going to learn to play an
instrument, it is not going to be the mobile phone.  Although I think a
xylophone would be a good thing to learn how to play, it's underutilized in
pop music, isn't it?  For a great xylophone tune, you should listen to
Everybody Knows Canada by Masters of the Hemisphere!
Honey if I bring my phone to you will you make it sing for me? :o)
Then little Martin Robinson said:
>I wonder if I can get a listing in
>Smash Hits? As that would make me only a few steps away from Ronan
>Keating, and that's a few steps from god. ...Ronan I repent!
Unfortunately for Martin, Ronan will never forgive him for living with that
unabashed pop-hater Matt Powell.  Yes Martin, despite your efforts, you'll
probably still go to Pop Hell.  But that's okay, Deborah Gibson will be
there, and so will the new "serious" Steps.  And Stephen "Gay"tely for
providing inspirational music over the credits of Billy Elliot.  I like you
anyway Martin.
Then dear Oon said:
>i've just bought the loveliest pink shoe!
>by destiny!  i can swear something made me walk to that
>shop that i didn't have any business at all to be.  and there
>she is, waiting for me.  the only pair.  the only size.  mine.
>hahahaha
Shopping Rage is a sad affliction.  Like air rage or road rage, it's not
pleasant to witness.  Oon's glee in obtaining pink shoes out from under the
noses of other unsuspecting customers incited fear deep within my soul.  I
know now that I can never go shoe shopping with Oon, I just don't have the
fighter instinct!  Although her feet are a lot smaller than mine so we
probably wouldn't be vying for the same shoes.
And I think that's it!  I realize that by now the only people reading this
are those of you who know me and thus felt obligated to read my babble.
Therefore, it's the perfect time for Shout Outz To My Homeez, particularly
the #sinisterines.  If you are not in #sinister, why aren't you?  What's
wrong with you?  We've rid it of the pesky #emo kids and it's a safe haven
now.  Come visit us.  You know I love you, don't you?
xoxo
Julie

PS: Thank you for listening, I still hate everything but now I feel a little
better about it.

"It's only pop music, why are you asking me all these questions?!"  -Robbie
Williams