Sinister: Post-Baxendale, Lumberjack Riots, Too Close to Call

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 16 16:54:22 GMT 2000

Hey there babies

I'm safely returned from the big apple, having had a simply wunnerful
time.  Meg and I were super-touristy, we went to the empire state
building, the statue of liberty, museum of modern art, radio city music
hall, central park, bloomingdales, macys and, of course, other music
where we pushed our way through the heaving crowds of lumberjacks to
gaze in awe at the picture of a certain foxglove which adorned the wall
(is this the coolest man in poetry?)  Contrary to other reports the
picture *is* still there, so i suggest all sinisterines on the east
coast of america book their pilgrimages now.

We also has the priviledge of visiting the Fez club where we witnessed
possibly the first post-baxendale band called the plantains, who despite
singing in an english accent about the jubilee line and the millennium
dome were actually american... crazy world.

But now i'm back in dear old blighty, working my arse off at the moment
(apart from tuesday when i went to a conference (and delivered a
penguin)), and toying with the idea of going out and getting horribly
pished and dancing with styoodents or just going to bed as i am rather
tired.

Remember there's still time to bid in the auction, unless you want
richard or mick, hands off they're MINE, i'm planning a boozy weekend in
glasgow you see, curry with mick on the friday, snooker with richard on
the saturday (and if i had stuart to drive me about it would be even
better, but he's getting a bit pricey)

i would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you very much to
the noo yoikians who showed us around and took us for drinks and food
and stuff, even though i think that there is only one of them currently
active on the list...I'd be better off going and changing the topic in
#sinister to "steve says thanks"  Inevitably there will be photos of the
trip at some point...

I know it's possibly a bit early for this, but is anyone else thinking
of going to All Tomorrows Parties in April, apparently tickets are on
sale now, so we might get like chalet 103 and only have to walk about 20
yards to the pub if we book soon...

MMMM, HELLO GHD GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK (hello big stu too)

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

ps i have a drew t-shirt and you don't, so ner!