Sinister: the wreck of the ella fitzgerald

keith mclachlan ourpeppermintscene at xxx.com
Fri Nov 17 02:37:36 GMT 2000

yes by the title of my post it is obvious that at last
my copy of sex clark five's 'crimson panzer' has
arrived, sigh, so magnificent.  how could something
this marvelous have been born in alabama?  am i wrong
to think that skynryd is archetypal alabaman fare?
are there any alabamans on the list?  john peel played
nearly the whole sc5 record a few months or actually
many months back and i didn't actually hear it but i
saw it on a playlist and of course tht was the first i
knew of a new record and the beginning of my quest.
and then last evening after listening four times in
succession the evening before i settled in for the
napoleon documentary and thought of all of the history
lessons in sex clark five(the new album has loads) and
i thought of the limits of cleverness in a pop star,
the maximum amount of clever you are allowed to have
before you are too clever to be famous.  maybe a pop
scientist will devote a dissertation to this subject.

pitchfork reviewed the gentle waves album and
predictably trashed it, i laugh at their claim to
professionalism.  i am anxiously awaiting their best
of the year list with nonrepentant bores like shellac,
modest mouse and radiohead riding high.  steve albini
is quoted on the vh-1 special on hard rock saying good
things about king crimson(is this arch?).  my
girlfriend has the gentle waves record but i have yet
to hear it, i quite liked the first one, loads better
than those looper grebos.

someone forwarded me a distressing bit of spam about
america having its constitution revoked and the return
on monarchial rule over the former colonies and it was
terribly smug and derisive and shallow and off
putting.  apparently not knowing the difference
between an australian accent and english accent is
reason for death or something near to that.  it is
always a surprise to me how a country once in
america's current global role has developed a severe
case of short term memory.  anyhow.

didn't william daly once have a full head of hair?
has he been undergoing chemotherapy in between trying
to get out the vote in cemeteries all over palm beach
county?

davey butler for secretary of state.  the new girl sc5
singer is fab too.  and april 10th is the date for the
new of montreal record:)  my dream tour is sc5 and of
montreal.  why do all of the cool bands go to london
instead of denver, colorado?  we have lovely views you
know.

keith m