Sinister: too much mongol business

keith mclachlan ourpeppermintscene at xxx.com
Sun Nov 19 00:21:39 GMT 2000

i forget who said these things so i apologize now,
actually the emails were read to me over the phone by
my girlfriend to prove she really did have dsl.
but radiohead are bores, not boars, it takes no
measure of courage to release an album as listless and
uninspired as kid a.  it does require a massive level
of arrogance though and i think thommy really believes
he is a genius, how else could he endorse the nonsense
on kid that sounds cutting edge say circa apple IIe.
this is just my opinion sure, everyone else loves
radiohead and i accept that.  i liked fake plastic
trees, why don't they write songs anymore?  i am too
rigidly mired in the old fashion world i suppose.  and
modest mouse and shellac bring to mind this strange
american(me being an american and all) compulsion to
consider anything that doesn't 'rawk' as boring when
in fact it is usually the opposite.  music for my ears
speaks louder when you are not being clubbed over the
head, besides modest mouse do not rock they are the
grimiest, sludgiest, most slowfooted band ever created
and where is the wit?  it isn't there.  shellac/big
black are too smart for me because i don't get them
either.
sorry for clogging up the list with this, but then
dialogue should be encouraged i think.  i sorta think
my tastes are so far divergent from everyone else on
the list based on the content of a lot of the posts.
but i could be wrong.  of course, i bet if i said bad
things about tom waits i would see a counter right
away, so i will not.
if pitchfork don't get paid why do they charge 300
dollars a month for their ads?  for charity?  i am
sure they get records sent to them free of charge.
there is very little variety among the reviewer's
tastes and i think i'd like to see them use people who
have more specialized tastes rather than the generic
'indie rawk' tag and allow them to flex their muscles
in their respective fields.
last year at this time i was going to go to kansas
city to see the lucksmiths and this year detroit and
outrageous cherry? blah.

oh and i think the ice age is over.

keith m

also, sorry for saying skynyrd were from alabama must
be that 'sweet home alabama' thing.  elf power are
nearly as dreadful though, and nearly alabaman as you
say.