Sinister: Strategies Against Sobriety (for Dummies)

Kev kev at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 20 17:41:59 GMT 2000

Hello then.

JOE STRUMMER HAS MANKY TEETH. But you can't hold that
against him. He was in the Clash after all.

Well, it seems that my friendly GP has finally scuppered my
plans to drink until the wine actually came out of my ears.
He showed me a chart of a naked person who only had half of
his skin, and there were big arrows pointing to all the
gloopy things inside, along with helpful explanations on
exactly how they would break. he also said he wouldn't be
held responsible, which I thought was a bit off. I thought
that GPs were supposed to be very responsible.  Now the
evenings go on for aaages. What do the ordinary people do
with all this free time? I think I'll just sit here and play
with this bit of string.

Elvis Costello is a funny man isn't he? Is it just my
imagination or does he look an awful lot like Steve Wright?

The best thing about having a job is taking a day off, like
I did today. My head was all chock full of cool and
wonderful things I was going to do, but I just ended up
wandering around town in a sort of daze wondering where I
could buy a Birthday card for my brother. Apparently now
that it's November the only greetings card one can buy are
Christmas cards or cards with I AM 9 badges and a wishy
washy pic of a kid in a flat cap playing golf. Well phooey
to you Clinton Cards. Luckily, I have a backup plan - I'll
just pretend I forgot. Fiendish.

And don't even get me started on Frank Black. The Pixies
were MY IDEA you thieving POP GURU BASTARD.

Someone sent me a lovely email today and it really cheered
me up. When I see him tomorrow I'll thank him personally and
offer to buy him a coffee. So I reckon each and every one of
you should take 5 minutes to send off a quick mail to
someone you haven't spoken to for a while. Or phone your
mum. Go on, it'll make you feel better. There'll be a nation
(world?) wide Sinister Glow.

Kieth says...
>  i bet if i said bad
> things about tom waits i would see a counter right
> away, so i will not

Kev says : God bless Tom Waits :) But that doesn't mean I
want to go out for a drink with the guy, no way. I bet you
could strike matches on his palms. I still reckon he should
get his own show on Radio 4 though. Imagine - an afternoon
in contemplation with Waits. Tom discusses the spiritual and
physiological benefits of bashing the hell out of bin lids
and singing like there's a dead rat in your throat. Followed
by Gardeners Question time, where he could have a guest spot
talking about keeping chickens. It'll happen one day, you
mark my words.

Um, I'll go away now. I've got about 5 hours worth of
nothing to do. Interspersed with hoovering and
uncontrollable weeping.

Love and, well, more love really.
Kev.

ps. If anyone has read and enjoyed Ihiguro's The Unconsoled
and can recommend something along the same lines I'd be
everso grateful. Ta.