Sinister: do we read in chat like we're listening, or are we reading?

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 20 18:52:28 GMT 2000

Hello

There is a nice drawing of a naked woman on the cover of the CD I just
bought. That's why I bought it. At £3.99, a bit steep for such slight
pleasures but, hey, I'm a connoisseur, and will go to considerable
lengths for fine artwork. The CD itself is by that woman in whatsit and
there are some familiar names playing stuff in the background. The third
song (four whole different songs!) has a tuba on it, and a clarinet.
Excellent. It's all very light and fluffy apart from the tuba bit. The
fourth song sounds like the Penguin Cafe Orchestra playing under a wooly
blanket. Nice.
Talking of nicely drawn women, I also bought the latest single by badly
drawn boy. The boy's done well.. he should win an award.

So that was the Gentle Waves, and my reason for posting. But, being all
dressed up, figuratively speaking, I don't want to go home yet so I'll
bore whoever's got this far some more.. the white glowy space in this
window is so tempting... I want to fill it with a jumble of letters.

Well, I stopped at the above before dinner, thought for a while,
furrowed my brow even.. ate orange and cream striped salmon ravioli, and
have come to a conclusion.
I'm all out of things to say.
OOps.
I'll have to go to #sinister instead, for inspiration.

Gordon

For those of you interested, under the Scottish Building Regulations,
you're allowed up to sixteen steps in a stair without a landing. Less
than three steps is illegal. Just wanted to share that :)