Sinister: Re: Elle porte une beret comme Faye, elle sera espionne.

Greg Pallis gpallis at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 20 23:20:36 GMT 2000

P'shaw, unbidded for. I feel so... unvalued. Did no-one want their eternal
future now and forever divined? Still, if a girl with no gag reflex can go
unbidded for, then how can QXL sleep at night?

I had a really cool dream two nights ago, so I'm gonna gloat. In it, I was
going into school, and all these people were jogging up and down the big
grassy space, and there was a massive (like, 2 metres by one metre by one
metre) hi-fi blasting out what I knew was a Elvis song. Now in the dream, I
knew the song to be Suspicious Minds, a song which I've never heard but it's
a little known fact that everyone apart from Elvis who played on Suspicious
Minds got togethor again and called themselves the Sweet Inspirations and
released just one perfect record and it's just called Sweet Inspiration and
it's excellent. But this is largely irrelevant. Anyway, the song that I
thought was Suspicious Minds obviously wasn't, 'cos how could I dream a song
I haven't heard? In fact it's called Girl I'm Gonna Marry, and it's about
him falling in love, and each time thinking this is the one, yeah, she's the
girl, I'm gonna marry, but something goes wrong every time, and it's
actually the best Elvis song ever. And it doesn't exist. It's really catchy
too, I've been humming it these last two days, "oh, she's the girl, yeah,
she's the giiiirl.... I'm gonna marrry.". Later in the dream I started
reciting the quadratic formula, which impressed people, but this is less
relevant to the story. Of course, the whole thing is enormously important,
and really I should be paying more attention to analysing every moment of
the dream, because it surely means that I Am Channeling The Soul Of Elvis!
Come Awn! Ah, I always knew I was gonna be a star.

Jen says that in Glasgow if girls hold hands people yell things, which is
weird, 'cos the girls at my school hold hands /all/ the time. Like,
literally all the time. Like, if a girl has a free hand, it means the other
girls are shunning her and not inviting her to their little hand-holding
sessions. I'm not sure if "it's nineteen ninety-five, the girls are just
friends" or whether I've found a new excuse for being single. Possibly
connected, Fosca are playing club Evol on Saturday, right? If a boy and a
girl go togethor to a gay club do they get in? What if they're actually not
going out, and really are friends? And what will she think of me when I get
drunk and start getting off with a bloke? This /always/ happens, I like
flattery too much and I have good eyelashes or something.

Ooooh! I'm a baxendwinner! Free record! Fame! Glory! Come Awn!

I don't listen to that much B&S right now either, except pocketbook angel,
which is just ace. The new single should be a mini-e.p. called 'The Red
Bulls and Fwuffy Bunnys Mini E.P' and have that on the A-Side and Poupe de
Son on the B Side and a new heartbreaking work of staggering genius of the
c-side. My dad went completely mental when he heard Polyp deCircle, he kept
shouting "France Gall! Belle and Sebastian! That's brilliant!". He's French,
y'see. He doesn't like Isabelle's accent, though and fair enough, Senay's is
much better. 'Let Me Entertain You' is a fantastic title isn't it? It's
exactly what I'd be saying to friends even if the song was called something
different, "just let him entertain you! Please! Just let him! It's GRATE!".
Also Skee Lo, I Wish I Was A Little Bit Taller, is awesome, no?

If you go to mcsweeneys.net, and read all the stories by Lucy Thomas, your
life will be better. I flee now.

Greg