Sinister: i tried talking to the twees, but they were not feeling affable (vocab word)

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Tue Nov 21 02:41:45 GMT 2000

Hi everybody.  I should be studying vocabulary but instead I'm learning more
of the colorful sort and sending a message to you lovely people.

Are all Scottish high school kids like the ones Jen talks about?  I haven't
met anyone nearly as mean or vicious, and none of the kids at my school throw
rocks.  They throw food at us at lunch but that's safer.  Must be something
in the water supply.  We're just a lazy wimpy sort, apparently.

I got the new Gentle Waves this weekend, I'd forgotten it was out but there
it was in the B&S bin.  I think it's about 100 times better than the first,
don't you agree?  Both of the clerks at the register were fans, and one of
the guys said he didn't much like Looper's live show, but he would've liked
it more if it were a bit more "blippy."  Whatever that means.  I should've
asked if they're on Sinister.  So if you're two 20-something guys who worked
at Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis on Saturday night and think Looper should be
more blippy, well, hi.

My best friend dyed her hair blue but when she took a shower it all came out.
 So now she has gray hair.  She was counting on looking like Marge Simpson
but she ended up looking like.. well.. old.  I'm still wondering why she
wanted to look like Marge though.  They showed the episode tonight where
Homer is on the run from PBS so he becomes a missionary in the south Pacific,
which is probably my favorite of all time.

All my friends are having sex.  It's really depressing.  For them and for me
I guess.  But no, I don't need anything like that, I never have impure
thoughts, I'm really fucking twee.  Apparently.  That's what my friends say
except they don't know the word twee so they say dorky instead.  It must be
true if ugly pimply kids and people with gray dye jobs can get some and I
can't.

I'm much too bitter, especially during the holidays.  Anyways.  My big
project right now is Christmas presents.  I've decided that I will make every
friend and most acquaintances and teachers a custom-fitted mixtape.  And they
must all contain B&S of course.  Trouble is, I can't think of songs for these
scenarios:

a boy who loves opera, George Michael, and U2
a girl who's letting alternative radio get a hold on her but likes Elliott
Smith, so that's a start.
a French teacher (French songs)
a girl I have a crush on who's very artsyfartsy and loves Nader and Rocky
Horror stuff

But anyway.  I'll go back to lurking now.  But if someone could tell me why
Optimistic is everyone's favorite Kid A song, I'd like to know.  Because I
only like it better than Treefingers maybe, for some reason.  I love the
record though.  Teeny Eye (as my friends call him) is probably one of the
last people that can still reduce me to tears, in the best possible way of
course.

Love,
Samantha, freeing the turkeys from the patriarchial gluttony of Thanksgiving.