Sinister: Yes, but who is Tom Hanks?

weejay V0168JE2 at xxx.UK
Tue Nov 21 15:58:43 GMT 2000

Ah, good morning Sinisterinosters, I hope life is treating you all
well. Mine seems to be looking up in a strange way since I
discovered little cute pretentious girl was just a bit dull under the
reserved exterior. Yes, mere minutes after I realised I had no
interest in her at all, Tom Hanks turned up at the Rhino Club and
whisked her off her feet, then accompanied her back to my house
and later took her back to who-knows-where after smoking my
gear. If only life tied up so well regularly. I'm hoping Ally Sheedy
will be there next time waiting for me at the bar with a crisp &
rainbow dust sandwich but someone told me she's a lesbian so
she probably wouldn't be interested... ...unless I told her all about
how I'm a tweedyke-girl trapped in a fopp's body. But she's
probably heard that a million times before.

The 'Kid A' debate rumbles on, I see. I liked it, actually, but I like
Warp Records stuff and that's what it sounds like. Sort of. I know
someone who's signed to Warp (In some kind of subsidiary way)
and knows Squarepusher and Chris Cunningham. Last Friday I
bumped into him and he'd gone insane in a frighteningly literal
sense. I thought he was just joking for a few miniutes but then I
saw a manic gleam in his eyes I'd never seen before and had to
step away. Then he had a go at a few people for random things and
scared a few girls (don't know how). Then he followed us most of
the way home (we didn't realise who that hooded figure behind us
was until we were nearly there). It's sad really, he needs help but
we're all afraid of him now.

On a more cheerful note my housemate got sent the new Gentle
Waves album for review and its amazingly good, much better than
the first (which I really liked by the way). Better than, dare I say it,
most of the last B&S album, actually. There are a couple of tracks
that grate a little but most of it's just perfect really, sweeping
walker-esque production and her voice has improved so much...

Ok, enough already.

xxx weejay