Sinister: Lap, Lap, Lap, Lap

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Nov 22 09:13:45 GMT 2000

Happy Jacks,

Should you be that way inclined, there is a review of the Gentle Waves'
performance in Dublin on Monday to be found at:
http://www.nme.com/NME/External/Reviews/Reviews_Story/0,1069,6348,00.html
It speaks very highly of them, but I won't believe it until I can compare it
with some eyewitness reviews. It mentions a version of John Cale's "I'm Not
the Loving Kind". Don't they mean Lee Hazlewood? It also mentions the
audience showing their approval through silence. There is a picture of
Isobel adjusting her panty girdle in the back of a car. It's not Max, 'cos
it's red.

Thanks to Big Dave for the review of Sodastream + Support in Glasgow. That's
the kind of thing this list built its reputation on. Granted Radiohead have
always been major players round here, but there used to be the odd ray of
sunshine. Anyway, I've made a note of all the listees Dave mentioned and
I'll be crossing them off as and when their own reviews come in.

Peter