Sinister: From Tokyo to Soweto, viva la musica pop

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Wed Nov 22 09:36:46 GMT 2000

Hi Kids (A-Z);

The appropriate soundtrack for this post:  Magnetic Fields, 69 Love Songs
(played at medium volume so as not to wake the sleeping Sinis in our midst).

But appropriate, since the subject of Love has been bandied about on the
list for some days now, either being had / or had and lost / or never had at
all / or crushed.... I've lived through every kind, and continue to, so all
I can say to all those kids currently being put through the love blender is:
Hang in there.  It gets worse.  Much.

"A pretty girl in her underwear.... if there's anything better in this
world, who cares?"

But if you have to get gooey for someone of the opposite sex, if you
absolutely can't resist rubbing your soul against someone else's, if you
insist upon defying all logic and common sense in spilling your heart into
the cup of another, then I would say that this har Sinistuh is a pretty good
place to do it.  For we are the kings and queens of the boudoir, old friend.
We won't hurt you.  We promise.  Try us.

"Reno Dakota, there's not an iota of kindness in you... You know you
enthrall me and yet you don't call me, it's making me blue... Pantone
292..."

Aaaah, to just give up all the worrying, and dive into something unknown and
dangerous and alive, that's what makes us living breathing participants in
this beautiful parade.  Walk down Main Street proud with whatever banner you
carry, or whatever float you guide, or whoever you want to love on your
arm.... the world will follow with cheers, I promise.  The important thing
is courage.  Kiss the angel.  Take the angel by the hand and lead it to the
bedroom, make the angel see God.  If we fail, we've only seen failure.  If
we succeed, OH the things we've seen!

"This too shall pass, so raise your glass to change and chance"

Yes, I'm feeling a little protective of all the ones who are in the process
of having their hearts messed with, it's never right but sometimes it makes
sense.  It's happened to all of us old souls at least a dozen times; I know
that doesn't help, but it's the truth, yeah us old souls can tell you that
it'll be okay, but I guess you hafta find out for yourself.... but
really.... enjoy your despairing confusion, because at least you have that.
There are empty shell-souls that would give anything just to feel such
torment.  So a rush and a push and praise to your angst.

"So many beautiful parades go by, and I don't mind."

horoscope was nearly perfect.  Joan is still Of Dark, but showered in light.
And List-Dominatrix Lisa has gone blind, but has 20/20 vision.

That's all, get me out of this clip-joint, gawd,

B. to the R. to the I. to the E. to the R.
BRIER