Sinister: Dandelion and burdock

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Wed Nov 22 14:32:59 GMT 2000

Goodness me, it's nearly a fortnight since I posted but I thought I'd hang
on a bit because blimey! it went bonkers yesterday, didn't it?

Oooh, I do like that new T-shirt on the B&S website.  I presume B.S.
stands for Belle & Sebastian but what about the P.D. -  Pixie Dancers?
Pished and Dangerous?  Please Do (tour next year)?

There's another thing on the B&S website which nobody's mentioned yet,
just under the bit urging you to watch Roswell if you'd like to hear a
familiar tune, which says that Struan has sung on the new Future Pilot AKA
album and it's a song called Om Namah Shivayah.  Is he going all George
Harrison on us?  And who on earth are/is Future Pilot AKA?  Should I know
this?  Am I embarrassing myself by asking?

There ends my content for the day.  On to the usual load of rubbish...

I had a really weird old dream last night.  I bunjee jumped off the top of
the White House, right down the front of the building.  Amazingly, I
didn't crash into the portico and knock myself senseless - I bounced
around for a while, then watched from the ground as the person after me
had a go.  Their bunjee rope snapped and they ended up looking like a lump
of strawberry jam on the floor.  Unpurturbed by this trauma, I stepped
inside the White House and found a hall full of people dancing in the
Northern Soul style to the Tiffany version of I Think We're Alone Now.
They were all very cool and extremely good dancers and they were all
wearing those white, knee-high socks with holes in them like I used to
wear to school.  I found I was wearing the same socks, so I pulled them up
and hit the dance floor, but I was wearing trainers with really strong
grips so I couldn't spin and I felt really stupid.  I looked down and my
socks were in tatters.  Then my alarm went off.  Who wants to analyse that
for me?  Bunjee jumping and Tiffany aren't in my dream dictionary.

I notice a certain member of this list has been reviewing Sodastream
albums on Amazon :)  Speaking of which, Sodastream were darn good on
Saturday night.  I only wish I had the gumption of the venerable Moore and
taken the day off to catch them in Glasgow as well.  However, the gig at
the Betsey had to do and, indeed, it did quite adequately.  Wedding Day is
the one that makes me well up every time and it started perfectly.
Unfortunately, a woman with the voice of a VERY LOUD CHIPMUNK then decided
to chatter ALL THE WAY THROUGH IT.  Ms. Daplyn's offer to perform an
emergency tracheotomy on the chipmunk with the help of her penknife (don't
they frisk people going into clubs these days?) was very nearly accepted.
Thankfully, a few dangerous glares were enough to scare her away.  I do a
good glare.

Are the London lot seeing the Gentle Waves on the 2nd?  Do you think we
should heckle?

Juicy Lucy