Sinister: Posters, sodastream and candle burning

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Thu Nov 23 13:03:53 GMT 2000

Oooh! I wanted to go to the sodastream gig in Glasgow,
but boyfriend was working early the next morning, so I
had nobody to go with. How pants is that? Ah well. Got
an early night instead. Not quite as much fun, but
nevermind.
I am continuing the poster campaign today to get
people to join my.. erm.. I mean Adams and mine uni
society thing for daft indie kids who want to meet
other indie kids and seduce them. I shall play cupid.
Have been busy designing posters last night, while
sitting on the phone for hours to a friend who is
going through some rough times with the subject of
love. Sat like a wierdo cutting out magazine things
with band names on them with a knife. Made a nice
collage, and yes, I did remember to plaster belle and
sebastains name all over the thing. Also added some
other cool bands, as well as tyhe usual ones: blur
(ahem) and All those lot. Despite having a little bit
better taste, the union rules sauy we can't
descriminate against anyone, and I guess that includes
Embrace fans. Still, when Adam and I are at the head
of the realm of our little kingdom and legion of indie
kids, we shall "encourage" them to listen to something
a little more, well, better. Unless they already have
good taste, in which case we shall commend them
highly. :) It is a democracy, but even democracies are
prejudice towards good music. But this time, rather
than spend, what, about 8 hours plastering the uni
with posters, breaking into peoples kitchens (which
took forever.. plus first year UEA students smell) we
are going to focus on the main part of central campus.
And rather than invest in lots and lots of cool little
flyers, we shall go for nice BIG BRIGHT COLOURFUL
posters. The ones I designed last night should do the
trick nicely.
Didn't do the things I have to do.. ie. write my 5000
word dissertation. In Norwegian. Have it in English so
far, but thats not good enough. Need to hand it in
very soon... next two weeks I think. Yes, I am burning
the candle at both ends, but this is how I work best.
Stress is good for me. Anyway, I'm off to meet Adam in
the cafe for a chat.
Later!
Love
Idles