Sinister: My first hello; little content of importance...

Kim kgirton at xxx.com
Sat Nov 25 21:20:22 GMT 2000

For everyone who wants to skim the rambling...

Of course the best thing that has happened to me in the past six months was stumbling upon this magical mailing list - and I abhor mailing lists as a general rule. So I want to say thank you to everyone who keep this rambling conversation going, despite its tendency to meander (though I could argue that a journey's not reaching its full potential without a bit of meandering... I could also argue that stream-of-consciousness writing was highly recommended in my university writing studies, but then I'm arguing a lot and who needs all that arguing?)

This is my first post (so I apologize for the pointlessness... I'm a bit nervous) but I do want to say that I just got back from Europe (ah yes, a Yankee out of water), and I admit that I felt much more at home in London than I ever do here in the states.  I know there's always downfalls to large cities, but for those of us who like to sit alongside brick walls and peoplewatch, London's an amazing place.  I managed to find LPs (something which I have to go to Washington, D.C. for around here, and if I find anything good there, it's only really good luck) of both Painter Jane and Dog on Wheels in a tiny shop in Belgium... Made me insanely happy, which confused my B&S-deprived friends who asked, "Don't you already have all of their albums on CD?"  So if anyone on the east coast of the states knows where I can find B&S LPs, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Anyway, thank you all for the tidbits of new musical info (definitely going to check out what I can of Sodastream).  If it weren't for this list, my musical passions would suffer greatly and sometimes, that's all I have... isn't that the way for most of us?  I'll be looking forward to each digest... Thank you, Sinisterees, for keeping me sane!
Sincerely and with even more sincerity than that,
Kim