Sinister: yo tengo yo la tengo

eric edb213 at xxx.edu
Sun Nov 26 20:19:15 GMT 2000

hello.
mr. brian pennington's post has inspired me to do the same. lest you all
forgot, he wrote about the yo la tengo show in new york on saturday:
"It seems while
in line to enter the club she saw Stevie and Struan behind her, and
starstruck, said hello to them. Then came back and reported to me
that they were there."
grrrr. I went to the friday show because I had to be home in delaware this
weekend, so last night, instead of saying "whoa!" (if I said things
like whoa) at the sight of 2/7 of belle and sebastian, I was at the movies
watching "unbreakable" (which, although good, was not as good as seeing yo
la tengo a second time would have been, if you follow). I am in awe of yo
la tengo now, more than I ever thought I would be. they were simply
amazing. damon & naomi were less so, but my enjoyment of their quiet music
could have been impeded by The Most Obnoxious Man Ever who kept loudly
talking throughout their set, at one point proclaiming them "the worst
band ever". why do people insist on being there to see the opening act if
they're simply going to be there talking and being silly? grrrr again.
two growls is my limit. I depart for points unknown.

disjointedly,
eric

p.s. memo to jonny: write me back please, I'm going crazy in delaware.