Sinister: not for all the tea in china

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Tue Nov 28 18:53:37 GMT 2000

Hello everyone..

Well christmas comes but once a year and this year it's going to be lots of
fun... Actually its not because I have a job now and thus I have no prospect
of having time off until march so excepting the day itself and boxing day
it's going to be a bit like any other time of the year.
Kind of sad really. It's another vestige of being young that has disappeared
in the last months. Like untaxed pay, which was something I always
appreciated. But I am really worried more about having the time of listen to
all of my music. At university I always did my essays and assignments to the
strains of music. Now I don't have to take work home so I don't have the
same opportunity. And here's the irony- i now have the money to buy lots of
CD's. I would laugh if it didn't annoy me so much...I am using the last
remaining days of freedom til i start work listening to 69 Love songs and
the new gentle waves stuff.
Anyway there are more important things in the world than getting to listen
to music all the time.

i really like the B&S contribution to the christmas album. it's very
soothing and peaceful which I guess was the idea. That's another thing about
getting a bit older. I now want music that is very peaceful and quiet.
Shouty vocals and loud guitars don't do it for me anymore thus I am scorned
by the Slipknot and Limp Bizkit kidz who skateboard their way round London.
Not that i am crying over that.
Did anyone else hear the story of Low doing a radio session that was so
quiet that the station's emergency tape, which activates itself when there
is silence, kicked in? I like that lots.

Hello to anyone who was at Track and Field in London on friday. I didn't say
hello to anyone there but i was wearing a Hefner Tshirt and an odd brown
"grandad top". That's what my sister said anyway and she has the advantage
of youth over me so is probably right.

paul